Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Suspended
    Recipes

Re: Injuries Have Added Up this Year. The Biggest?

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    Normally I'd say Fowler but since we've all decided that we're more of a passing team, then not having another good receiver has become a bigger issue. So, I'll have to go with DeAndrew White.

Come on, now.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    Normally I'd say Fowler but since we've all decided that we're more of a passing team, then not having another good receiver has become a bigger issue. So, I'll have to go with DeAndrew White.
    Sarcasm maybe?

People keep saying all teams have injuries this time of year, and our team should be able to rise above it. Sure everybody has injuries, but man, our injury luck has been horrendous this year! Much worse than any year since at least 2005. Why is it so hard to acknowledge that injuries have been a major cause in the problems the team has had this year? Guys like Fowler, McCarron, and many others can't just be replaced by the next guy off the bench. These are special players that brought something irreplaceable to the team. Without them (or with them rendered partly ineffective due to injury), there is bound to be a noticeable dropoff in performance. Have enough injuries to guys like that, and you start to have trouble just like we have. It sucks, but then trying to deny it doesn't make it any better.
    Discipline.
    Commitment.
    Effort.
    Toughness.
    Pride.
    (http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20100201/news/100209986)

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Fowler IMO...he created a major problem on the goal line with playaction

Fowler, he was the bowling ball of our offense. I mean McCarron's is affecting him but he played through the whole month of October good with the injury. I'm really missing White though. He was a good, tall receiver.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RammerJammer15 View Post
    Fowler, he was the bowling ball of our offense. I mean McCarron's is affecting him but he played through the whole month of October good with the injury. I'm really missing White though. He was a good, tall receiver.
    The injury that is bothering him occurred against Mississippi State - the last weekend in October.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DCETP View Post
    People keep saying all teams have injuries this time of year, and our team should be able to rise above it. Sure everybody has injuries, but man, our injury luck has been horrendous this year! Much worse than any year since at least 2005. Why is it so hard to acknowledge that injuries have been a major cause in the problems the team has had this year? Guys like Fowler, McCarron, and many others can't just be replaced by the next guy off the bench. These are special players that brought something irreplaceable to the team. Without them (or with them rendered partly ineffective due to injury), there is bound to be a noticeable dropoff in performance. Have enough injuries to guys like that, and you start to have trouble just like we have. It sucks, but then trying to deny it doesn't make it any better.
    Who's denying the injuries or the result of them? Injury is inevitable in football especially at this level. The discussion in this thread is specific to known and/or suspected injuries to the players. I personally think Fowler's injury is restricting our offensive versatility and output.

The OP question was which injury was the biggest of the unusually high number this team has suffered? Those responding with discussion, comment and opinion on this thread are definitely not in denial.

RTR!!!

BamaNation First Team Tide-one-on's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

What happened to N Gentry? Thanks!
    And a Big ROLL TIDE TO YOU!!!!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tide-one-on View Post
    What happened to N Gentry? Thanks!
    The NCAA said he was too old to play.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    You brought up a good question.
    i have been a fan a really long time & maybe 84 I think when Kerry Goode & a few others got hurt comes close. But really I have not seen anything like it. Even the ones not out are not at 100%.
    I remember that play against Boston College. Really changed that season. Wasn't that in the old Kick Off Classic Game that year?

Fowler's injury hurt our whole offense badly, but AJ's injury is limiting even more what we can attempt on offense. We can hope that he can be rested enough over the next two games to be ready for the post-season. From what I know, what he has going on now should benefit greatly with some rest, unlike the shoulder injury he played with last year. IOW, it shouldn't require immediate post-season surgery...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    I remember that play against Boston College. Really changed that season. Wasn't that in the old Kick Off Classic Game that year?
    Yes thank you it was the Kick Off game. Funny a few years later we became friends wit Doug his sister lives here. Did not like him at that time but think he is a Great guy after spending time with them. He can still throw the football.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimSonami View Post
    Who's denying the injuries or the result of them?

Those responding with discussion, comment and opinion on this thread are definitely not in denial.
    Sorry, denial was probably not the best word, maybe minimizing would be a better word. I've just seen a few posts, on this thread and others, by people saying that other teams are battling injuries too. The implication seems to be that our situation is no different than anyone else's, and that somehow talking about injuries is akin to making excuses. My point was, as you said, no one is making excuses, just discussing the injuries and their effect on the team's performance. Our injury luck this year has been far worse than usual, and far worse than most of the other teams we play (with the possible exception of LSU's o-line). We've been really limited by a lot of injuries to key guys this year; that's not an excuse, it's reality. Other than that I agree with everything you said, and have enjoyed participating in the discussion. RTR.
    Discipline.
    Commitment.
    Effort.
    Toughness.
    Pride.
    (http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20100201/news/100209986)