Injuries Have Added Up this Year. The Biggest?

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
I know this: With Jalston Fowler, CNS probably calls jumbo runs on 1st and goal from the 6 vs TAMU and scores the first try.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
J Fowler would be my guess. Watching him, EL and TJ work on defenses was pure art. You never knew if it was a run, pass or block option with him. Add one of the others in the backfield and it had to be a nightmare.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I know this: With Jalston Fowler, CNS probably calls jumbo runs on 1st and goal from the 6 vs TAMU and scores the first try.
It is more than that - it has effected play calling since the day of his injury. That is the most obvious example, but entire game plans were probably changed without Fowler available.

NativeTider

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2005
Trussville, AL
I know what AJ's injury is and I am sure others do as well. He is a tough hombre for playing with it and is actually performing better than I thought he would.

It would be a great disservice to him and the team for our opponents to know details. Better not to speculate.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Never said that wasn't the case. Just talking about our team and how it has affected us as the year as gone on. :conf2:
You brought up a good question.
i have been a fan a really long time & maybe 84 I think when Kerry Goode & a few others got hurt comes close. But really I have not seen anything like it. Even the ones not out are not at 100%.

DCETP

Scout Team
Sep 29, 2012
People keep saying all teams have injuries this time of year, and our team should be able to rise above it. Sure everybody has injuries, but man, our injury luck has been horrendous this year! Much worse than any year since at least 2005. Why is it so hard to acknowledge that injuries have been a major cause in the problems the team has had this year? Guys like Fowler, McCarron, and many others can't just be replaced by the next guy off the bench. These are special players that brought something irreplaceable to the team. Without them (or with them rendered partly ineffective due to injury), there is bound to be a noticeable dropoff in performance. Have enough injuries to guys like that, and you start to have trouble just like we have. It sucks, but then trying to deny it doesn't make it any better.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Fowler, he was the bowling ball of our offense. I mean McCarron's is affecting him but he played through the whole month of October good with the injury. I'm really missing White though. He was a good, tall receiver.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Fowler, he was the bowling ball of our offense. I mean McCarron's is affecting him but he played through the whole month of October good with the injury. I'm really missing White though. He was a good, tall receiver.
The injury that is bothering him occurred against Mississippi State - the last weekend in October.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
People keep saying all teams have injuries this time of year, and our team should be able to rise above it. Sure everybody has injuries, but man, our injury luck has been horrendous this year! Much worse than any year since at least 2005. Why is it so hard to acknowledge that injuries have been a major cause in the problems the team has had this year? Guys like Fowler, McCarron, and many others can't just be replaced by the next guy off the bench. These are special players that brought something irreplaceable to the team. Without them (or with them rendered partly ineffective due to injury), there is bound to be a noticeable dropoff in performance. Have enough injuries to guys like that, and you start to have trouble just like we have. It sucks, but then trying to deny it doesn't make it any better.
Who's denying the injuries or the result of them? Injury is inevitable in football especially at this level. The discussion in this thread is specific to known and/or suspected injuries to the players. I personally think Fowler's injury is restricting our offensive versatility and output.

The OP question was which injury was the biggest of the unusually high number this team has suffered? Those responding with discussion, comment and opinion on this thread are definitely not in denial.

RTR!!!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
You brought up a good question.
i have been a fan a really long time & maybe 84 I think when Kerry Goode & a few others got hurt comes close. But really I have not seen anything like it. Even the ones not out are not at 100%.
I remember that play against Boston College. Really changed that season. Wasn't that in the old Kick Off Classic Game that year?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Fowler's injury hurt our whole offense badly, but AJ's injury is limiting even more what we can attempt on offense. We can hope that he can be rested enough over the next two games to be ready for the post-season. From what I know, what he has going on now should benefit greatly with some rest, unlike the shoulder injury he played with last year. IOW, it shouldn't require immediate post-season surgery...

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I remember that play against Boston College. Really changed that season. Wasn't that in the old Kick Off Classic Game that year?
Yes thank you it was the Kick Off game. Funny a few years later we became friends wit Doug his sister lives here. Did not like him at that time but think he is a Great guy after spending time with them. He can still throw the football.

DCETP

Scout Team
Sep 29, 2012
Who's denying the injuries or the result of them?

Those responding with discussion, comment and opinion on this thread are definitely not in denial.
Sorry, denial was probably not the best word, maybe minimizing would be a better word. I've just seen a few posts, on this thread and others, by people saying that other teams are battling injuries too. The implication seems to be that our situation is no different than anyone else's, and that somehow talking about injuries is akin to making excuses. My point was, as you said, no one is making excuses, just discussing the injuries and their effect on the team's performance. Our injury luck this year has been far worse than usual, and far worse than most of the other teams we play (with the possible exception of LSU's o-line). We've been really limited by a lot of injuries to key guys this year; that's not an excuse, it's reality. Other than that I agree with everything you said, and have enjoyed participating in the discussion. RTR.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It's funny how we sometimes criticize "coach speak." But sometimes we are guilty of "fan speak." It always happens when fans discuss injuries (like in this thread). Some fan(s) will always pipe up with "but everybody has injuries."

Injuries can be used as an excuse, but that hasn't been the purpose of this discussion.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.