Met Phillip Sims' dad in Little Caesar's today...

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I walked into a 'Little Caesar's' today and right behind me was a fellow Bama fan (I knew this because he was wearing a Bama Sweatshirt and sweatpants), what else could I do but say "Roll Tide". So we struck up a conversation, I told him I had lived in Mobile for a number of years and still consider it my Hometown. He said he had lived in Tuscaloosa for a couple of years and really loved it there. He said he was always treated like a celebrity there. I asked him what he did and he said it wasn't him so much but his son played football. I said "He played for the Tide!" "Yes". What's his name? "Phillip Sims". I know my jaw had to hit the floor. I had been hoping to run across Phillip around town sometime, but I never thought I would meet his dad. I expressed my dismay that Phillip left Bama but I understood why.
He was a joy to speak with and he had absolutely nothing but praise for Alabama, the University, Tuscaloosa, the people and the team and especially Nick Saban. and I've got to say, I walked out of there with a feeling of pride and warmth after speaking with him. I wished him and Phillip nothing but the absolute best in life and also that his medical procedure done at UVA will enable him to enjoy many years of watching Phillip being successful playing football, even if it wasn't with the Tide. Roll Tide...A'ight!

Last edited:

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Re: Walked into a Little Caesar's today...

Well, I see what you're saying and I was unsuccessful in changing the title. Thanks for the constructive suggestion. Have a great day. Roll Tide...A'ight!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

It would be easy for someone to be bitter about not getting the starting job, glad to see the family still has good feelings about Saban and the program.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Good story. Maybe Phillip will need to move back to Tuscaloosa for a medical reason next year and can play QB if AJ does leave early for the draft. I know he moved back for family reasons. But I wonder if Phillip was an extra year younger, would Phillip still be in Tuscaloosa.

banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana
Watch for Phillip Sims tonight on ESPN, as Virginia Wahoos vs NC Tarheels

Great short story. The title of this thread doesn't do the story justice.
no kidding! I almost didn't open the thread! TY for posting! Says a lot that PS's dad is still sporting the Crimson and White!
Well, I see what you're saying and I was unsuccessful in changing the title. Thanks for the constructive suggestion. Have a great day. Roll Tide...A'ight!
im4uainva, likely, a moderator can change the title. It may take a PM from you.

How 'bout this?: "Phillip Sims' dad in Bama gear as we chatted in Charlottesville, today."

Last edited:

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

Good story. Maybe Phillip will need to move back to Tuscaloosa for a medical reason next year and can play QB if AJ does leave early for the draft. I know he moved back for family reasons. But I wonder if Phillip was an extra year younger, would Phillip still be in Tuscaloosa.
Great suggestion. Always liked PS.

banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana
ESPN 6:30 CST Tonight: VA hopes to keep momentum vs NC.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/71394/virginia-hopes-to-keep-up-momentum

Just about everybody buried Virginia after the Hoos went into their bye week on a six-game losing streak.

Too many turnovers. Too many penalties. Too much inconsistency.

But a strange thing happened at the bottom of the heap. Virginia started winning. The same team that had trouble scoring points and holding onto the football has combined for 78 points and more than 900 yards of offense in the past two weeks, with just two turnovers. The two-game points spree is the most Virginia has scored in consecutive games against FBS opponents in seven years.

London [Coach Mike London] unveiled a two-quarterback system against NC State, playing both Rocco and Phillip Sims. Generally speaking, teams that play two quarterbacks often have no answers at quarterback. But Virginia is 2-0 with both playing, though Rocco really emerged in the win against Miami last week. He threw four touchdown passes, including the game-winner with six seconds remaining.

Still, London has no plans to do anything differently against the Tar Heels -- who are coming into the game without the momentum Virginia has. North Carolina gave up 68 points last week in a loss to Georgia Tech and has now had a short work week to fix its mistakes and get ready for another game.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.