Tidbits from Coach Sumlin's Tue night weekly radio show

tidegrandpa

All-American
Livin' out here amongst'em, the local affiliate here in Corpus broadcasts the Aggie Coaches radio show every Tuesday night... I listened, half way expecting big Yeehaws and whooping and hollering and was really amazed...
When asked about the game,
Sumlin said " What a fabulous facility and it was the loudest three minutes of football I can remember".
When Sumlin was prompted to comment on how good a job their big nose tackle did on Barrett Jones, Sumlin cautioned him, " He might have made some plays on him early, but there's a reason Barrett is one of the best in the country, he caught on quickly and we didn't make a play on him in the second half".
Absolutely nothing homer, negative or fist pumping whatsoever. I was still down from the loss but they sure are classier than UTexas.
:BigA:

BigHSVTider

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 18, 2009
Good stuff Gramps! :) I think TAM will be a good addition to the SEc and represent us well in all facets. I have to make the comment that i was AMAZED by the precision of their band as well!!!!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I like Sumlin. I thought he was a bad hire, never thought he'd have this team playing like they are already - mea culpa. The guy is good and seems very classy, to boot.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Livin' out here amongst'em, the local affiliate here in Corpus broadcasts the Aggie Coaches radio show every Tuesday night... I listened, half way expecting big Yeehaws and whooping and hollering and was really amazed...
Sumlin said " What a fabulous facility and it was the loudest three minutes of football I can remember".
When Sumlin was prompted to comment on how good a job their big nose tackle did on Barrett Jones, Sumlin cautioned him, " He might have made some plays on him early, but there's a reason Barrett is one of the best in the country, he caught on quickly and we didn't make a play on him in the second half".
Absolutely nothing homer, negative or fist pumping whatsoever. I was still down from the loss but they sure are classier than UTexas.
Good stuff...

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Coach Sumlin -- nothing but class. Too bad more coaches, players, presidents of universities (I think there's a president at a univ in Ohio that made some remarks that he wishes could take back when insulting a very good team from a not so powerful conference), fans aren't more like him. He's a real gentleman. He'll do well there and anywhere he decides to go.

pluckngrit

Suspended
Nov 2, 2003
i remember hearing a interview with him wed or thurs of last week. he was saying how he was from alabama and his dad, grandmother(in her 90's) and the rest of the family had a great time going to the auburn game and how they were excited about meeting up this week in b'ham to attend the bama game as well.

you know that family is swoll up with pride this week. he seems to be a class act.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Sumlin strikes me as a pretty darn good coach. He will do well in Aggieland.

Aggie Scott

Scout Team
May 1, 2012
Sumlin will fist pump, but it is with and for the team without the camera's running. We are lucky to have Coach Sumlin, should have hired him from ou instead of stealing fran from you guys! At least we got him now. I'll be rooting for Stanford, usc and oregon st. the next couple of weeks. I want a bama/kstate national championship game. If it happens, PLEASE SHUT THE BIG 12 UP!!!!!!!! You guys take care of the wildcats and we'll take care of the sooners in the fiesta! RTR AND GIG EM AGGIES!

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
I really like Sumlin also. I didn't know alot about him before the game and still don't but when he was interviewed at the game it was nothing but class. Hope he does well at aTm.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
He also was a former grad assistant under .......... Mike Price (at WSU). It's a small world, after all.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.