Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Arky Sounds Serious About Hiring a Coach - Agree on 6 million/year Salary

Quote Originally Posted by Timberline Tide View Post
    oooh I'd love to see Gundy come to the SEC just to hear the cowgirls in Stillwater cry!
    people forget, but Les Miles came from O-State
    At Some Places They Play Football.
    At Alabama, We LIVE It.

"...Ain't nothin' but a winner."

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by dWarriors88 View Post
    Patterson would do well to come to a big time conference,but so we can see what he's really made of. Although I feel like he will stay put as well, only because of the lateral move Boise State made during the great conference realignment.
    Gary Patterson is at TCU. Christ Peterson is at Boise.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to Arky. Takes more than just an outrageous salary to win championships though.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm serious about dating Emma Stone, doesn't mean I'm going to be any time soon.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Wouldn't shock me....The Waltons and Jerry Jones probably have that much in loose change in their dryer and between the cushions in the sofa.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

Post Thanks / Like

Arky Sounds Serious About Hiring a Coach - Agree on 6 million/year Salary

Y'all keep forgetting that elite coaches are queuing up down on The Plains because of 28-27.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Are there even 8 NFL coaches who make $6 mil?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by dWarriors88 View Post
    Has anyone heard Jim Tressel's name yet? I was thinking what a great fit that could be..
    I believe Tressel has a "show cause" against him and any school wanting to hire him would have to appear before the NCAA before doing so.
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think he has a five game suspension hanging over his head if he comes back as well.

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Yea I dont think announcing how much you're willing to pay is a good way to deal with negotiations later in the hiring process, I'll call b.s. on this one.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    i'm a bucs fan. lived there for part of his tenure. i'll always appreciate him for the super bowl win. but he did it his first year with dungy's players and the team just got progressively worse and worse for years until he was canned. some of his player management was ridiculous. he has a .540 winning percentage. i just don't get the big deal. i'm not saying he's a bad coach by any means. i just don't understand why so many teams supposedly express so much interest in him. i also think some of his sideline behavior would not fly in college.
    I always thought winning over half your games in Tampa Bay was like winning the Super Bowl most places...
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    i'm a bucs fan. lived there for part of his tenure. i'll always appreciate him for the super bowl win. but he did it his first year with dungy's players and the team just got progressively worse and worse for years until he was canned. some of his player management was ridiculous. he has a .540 winning percentage. i just don't get the big deal. i'm not saying he's a bad coach by any means. i just don't understand why so many teams supposedly express so much interest in him. i also think some of his sideline behavior would not fly in college.
    I still live here & you nailed it 100%. He created a lot of division on the team and temper he was brought in to run the offense which never really clicked, they had a separate contract for Monte & his coaches.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Gary Patterson is at TCU. Christ Peterson is at Boise.
    That's a 10-4 good buddy for those old enough to remember CB radios.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner