Arky Sounds Serious About Hiring a Coach - Agree on 6 million/year Salary

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Max Howell said on his show that Arky agreed to make its football coach salary $6 million a year. Since I'm not on my computer, I can't post a link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Gruden's name kept coming up as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
i'm a bucs fan. lived there for part of his tenure. i'll always appreciate him for the super bowl win. but he did it his first year with dungy's players and the team just got progressively worse and worse for years until he was canned. some of his player management was ridiculous. he has a .540 winning percentage. i just don't get the big deal. i'm not saying he's a bad coach by any means. i just don't understand why so many teams supposedly express so much interest in him. i also think some of his sideline behavior would not fly in college.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Has anyone heard Jim Tressel's name yet? I was thinking what a great fit that could be..
The two popular names are Patterson and Gundy, who seems to be a popular name for the UK job as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I went to school at Okie State, and I can say Mike Gundy would be an interesting hire. I don't think he's a $6mil coach though. And after all the improvements Boone Pickens just gave to the universities athletic dept. I don't see it happening. I think Gundy uses that as maybe a poker chip to get a raise at Okie State.

Patterson would do well to come to a big time conference,but so we can see what he's really made of. Although I feel like he will stay put as well, only because of the lateral move Boise State made during the great conference realignment.

The two popular names are Patterson and Gundy, who seems to be a popular name for the UK job as well.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Patterson would do well to come to a big time conference,but so we can see what he's really made of. Although I feel like he will stay put as well, only because of the lateral move Boise State made during the great conference realignment.
Gary Patterson is at TCU. Christ Peterson is at Boise.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.