Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team Alajambama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Lane Kiffin...Who would have thought??? (he'd be pulling for USC) watch the teaser

Never in a million years would I have dreamed I would actually be rooting for Lane Kiffin to do well. But, I hope that sucker wins out and embarasses Notre Dame, then beats Oregon in the PAC?? Championship. If he does win out, he will instantly become my favorite former TN coach.
    The best thing to ever come out of Tennessee...I-65 heading south.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lane Kiffin...Who would have thought???

It's definitely a tough ill to swallow to have to cheer for him. We still control our destiny in the sec so that's all I'm really going to worry about.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alajambama View Post
    Never in a million years would I have dreamed I would actually be rooting for Lane Kiffin to do well. But, I hope that sucker wins out and embarasses Notre Dame, then beats Oregon in the PAC?? Championship. If he does win out, he will instantly become my favorite former TN coach.
    Complete and utter ditto!

BamaNation All-American mikes12's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like the guy, but the more he wins, the more it sticks in the craw of Tennessee. So I like when they win.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alajambama View Post
    Never in a million years would I have dreamed I would actually be rooting for Lane Kiffin to do well.
    Wow is Lane Kiffen Auburn? I don't care for Lane, but this is going off the deep end. Other than this game, why even spend energy rooting?

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

As hard as Lane Kiffin jacked UT... I'm fine pulling for him over in the PAC if it helps us.

Besides, we beat his UT team in such a clutch and memorable way that there are no hard feeling on my end.

BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

Can't and won't root for kiffy. Whatever happens......... happens.

I too hope we somehow get to Miami but I refuse to support that excuse of a coach. "IF" they are successful it won't be due to him suddenly becoming a brilliant football mind and implementing a gameplan that will throttle his opponents. USC has the talent to field a challenge but he can't manage what he has. Their success is going to be dependent upon luck and/or lack of performance of the opponent(s). I hope that is the case in the end but I WILL NOT pull for kiffin as a coach or person.

RTR!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

If it makes you feel dirty, don't pull for him. It's not like rooting for him one way or another is going to make USC win or lose.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Fight on USC!!!
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrimSonami View Post
    Can't and won't root for kiffy. Whatever happens......... happens.

I too hope we somehow get to Miami but I refuse to support that excuse of a coach. "IF" they are successful it won't be due to him suddenly becoming a brilliant football mind and implementing a gameplan that will throttle his opponents. USC has the talent to field a challenge but he can't manage what he has. Their success is going to be dependent upon luck and/or lack of performance of the opponent(s). I hope that is the case in the end but I WILL NOT pull for kiffin as a coach or person.

RTR!!!

Dude,

Nobodys rooting for him to be the coach of the year....just to beat Notre Dame...one game. It helps Bama.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

You can cheer for his team without cheering for him.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

I hate Kiffin, but mark my words. I will go out and find some Kiffin merchandise if they win out.

It sounds kind of crazy at this point, but they lost to Stanford in a low scoring game by 7, they lost to Arizona by 3, and scored 52 on Oregon. They just have to step up a little more, and be the team people thought they were going into the season. The win the next three games, and Alabama can back into the BCSCG. I'd much prefer this scenario over hoping Texas beats Kansas St., and Stanford, Oregon St., or UCLA beats Oregon. This scenario simply requires USC playing up to their potential.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I also will be pulling for So. Cal. Circumstances will make you do strange things