Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Third Team

Rationalizing the loss to A&M?

I'm finally able to think about Bama's loss without getting that empty,nauseating feeling in my stomach.I don't know if this is just a way of looking at the game in order to feel better about it but my way of thinking is , Bama played it's worse game of this season and still just about beat A&M at the end of the game(I'm one of those who believe four runs by Lacy would have resulted in victory).I don't know if I'm rationizing the loss or not .I also believe that if Bama could play A&M again they would beat them.I'd love to see it.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar

Re: Rationizing the loss to A&M?

rationizing?

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm guessing he meant rationalizing.

As for rationalizing, in games like that you just hope "one loss doesn't become two." It may not be a threat the next two weeks but you hope that the team focuses on improvement even more now after a loss than before the game. They'll need it against UGA.

BamaNation All-American crimsonbleeder's Avatar
    My Mood
    Psychedelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I'm guessing he meant rationalizing.

As for rationalizing, in games like that you just hope "one loss doesn't become two." It may not be a threat the next two weeks but you hope that the team focuses on improvement even more now after a loss than before the game. They'll need it against UGA.
    Unfortunately, the "near loss" at LSU DID turn into TWO bad performances, back to back. I don't know what it takes to stop such a decline, but hopefully a couple of wins against bad teams will help before UGA in ATL...
    "No invention in history has been more successful in the collection and display of stupidity than the Internet. "

-Mike Herndon, Press-Register 8/20/08

BamaNation Third Team

Thanks for the spillin korection. Sometimes he kin spell butt ever and again he jest kain't. Guess I'm jest rationizing.

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

heh.... it's not rationalizing ... it's just accepting it and moving on. Which is what CNS would do.
    I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games. - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

BamaNation All-American Airborne Tider's Avatar
    My Mood
    Hot on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    heh.... it's not rationalizing ... it's just accepting it and moving on. Which is what CNS would do.
    Bingo. We are well past our 24 hour limit.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
    U.S. Army Pathfinders
    "First In, Last Out"

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Rationalizing serves no purpose. You are what your record says. We lost the game in the first quarter.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Suspended

Rationizing the loss to A&M?

I prefer wordmakeuppificationing.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TexasBama's Avatar

Not rationalizing, but perhaps some perspective:

The win was arguably the biggest win for the Aggies since Bryant beat UT in Austin for the first time - in 1956.

It was the biggest loss for us since - the last one.

BamaNation First Team

We need to focus on our future games. Hopefully, the three teams ahead of Bama will lose. We win the next three games and we have a chance to play in the BCS game. If Kansas St and Oregon lose Bama possibly could play Neuter Dame.

BamaNation All-American

I think it had a lot to do with the first time we have seen this type of offense. Just like Mahlzahn tricked us and made it an interesting game the first couple of years, the SEC eventually figured him out. Once you see what their keys are, it will be a little easier to stop. I've heard they only use maybe 10-15 different plays during the game. Most are in the same formation. That is how they can run plays so quick. Each play has a few different options on it and the QB makes a pre-snap read and plays fast.
    On the other hand, usually a team gets better their 2nd year in a system. Watching the game again right now, I really want to humiliate them next year in their own stadium.

BamaNation All-American MattinBama's Avatar

Personally I'm a big fan of rationing. It's the best way to survive the apocalypse.