Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Recipes

Re: Rationizing the loss to A&M?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
    I prefer wordmakeuppificationing.
    Now that sounds like German. They have all these compound words because that keeps them for having to get all the case endings and genders correct. Plaster them together and it's not a problem...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

George W.?!? Is that you? No, and I got all excitemacated for a second there.

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Is it that Bama played it's worst game or that Texas A & M played their BEST game?

Both Florida and LSU were lucky to beat the Aggies.

Do we not give credit where credit is due or do we rationalize a loss by saying we woulda, shoulda, and/or coulda?

I just hope we play much better tomorrow and we must play much better next week or the Barn just may surprise us again like they did the 2nd half in 2010! That would give the Barn a winning record of 3 - 9. The Barn will come into that game wanting us to pay for their HORRIBLE season. If they win, that would be their BCS Bowl Game and could/WOULD save the Cheese's job.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

Suspended

Rationalizing the loss to A&M?

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Now that sounds like German. They have all these compound words because that keeps them for having to get all the case endings and genders correct. Plaster them together and it's not a problem...
    I figured you would appreciate the double letter

Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Re: Rationalizing the loss to A&M?

I don't know if you can rationalize 1st and goal from the 6 and not running our bread and butter plays. Still hard to believe.

Suspended

Me too. I'm still shocked we lost to such a weak team.

Hopefully two of three undefeated teams lose.

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Like all things, the truth is somewhere in the middle. We didn't play that great but we did make very good adjustments eventually. They played their best game but then went a little flat. Anyhoo, that game is in the past. I don't think much about it now. Nothing we can do about it. Just play our best and let it all fall where it may. RTR!!! If someone in 2006 would have told me that we'd be beating W. Carolina 49-0 the week after we lost our first game of the season very close to a good team and we're still a little bit in the hunt for our 3rd title since then, I'd be pretty dang happy. It's all about perspective :-) RTR!!!
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Coach Bryant was the best coach in college football history. His 25 year run at Alabama was beyond legendary.

Yet, he went undefeated a grand total of 3 season: 1961, 1966, and 1979. One of those criminally didn't result in an NC.

It's extremely difficult to go undefeated in college football. We've still got a great team and hopefully a couple of games will break our way in the next couple of weeks, and we'll find ourselves in Miami after all.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

As long as we refrain from having a 'Moral Victory' when we do loose. Distant future...
    As far as TAMU is concerned, we had more to do with their victory, than they did.
    We didn't take care of business...
    Now we have an opportunity to atone for our sins, by stomping Auburn, beating Georgia and
    finally putting us in position to beat ND...
    If we complete the tri-fecta; I'll rationalize that we backed into and won another BCS Championship.

Kind of like 'Drawing to an Inside Straight'...
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; November 18th, 2012 at 12:39 AM. Reason: format

BamaNation First Team WalkaboutSean's Avatar

I suspect that the A&M loss was the best thing that could've happened to this team.

Nothing motivates like a negative event. The team was humiliated and saw its dreams of a BCS repeat seemingly taken away. Now, one week later, all goals are back on the table.

If we had pulled out the win against A&M, no lessons would've been learned (what Coach Saban called "the Bluegrass Miracle" effect). But as things stand, the stage is now set for a strong finish!

Suspended
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by WalkaboutSean View Post
    I suspect that the A&M loss was the best thing that could've happened to this team.

Nothing motivates like a negative event. The team was humiliated and saw its dreams of a BCS repeat seemingly taken away. Now, one week later, all goals are back on the table.

If we had pulled out the win against A&M, no lessons would've been learned (what Coach Saban called "the Bluegrass Miracle" effect). But as things stand, the stage is now set for a strong finish!
    If we can just make it past AU and Georgia we will beat whoever we play in the BCSNC. We are too good when we are rested/healed and prepared. I honestly think this weekend will be a spark to finish off the season strong, Georgia will have the same spark, but I think we have the better team.

Man, I love College Football haha. I just wish the seasons were longer

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I believe that Coach Saban was concerned that the team just did not play to their standard. If aTm was better than us & just Beat us he would be able to justify that. But the Aggies played Great no doubt however with the the aide of Alabama not playing to its standard.