Rationalizing the loss to A&M?

beowulf

Nov 12, 2012
I'm finally able to think about Bama's loss without getting that empty,nauseating feeling in my stomach.I don't know if this is just a way of looking at the game in order to feel better about it but my way of thinking is , Bama played it's worse game of this season and still just about beat A&M at the end of the game(I'm one of those who believe four runs by Lacy would have resulted in victory).I don't know if I'm rationizing the loss or not .I also believe that if Bama could play A&M again they would beat them.I'd love to see it.:conf2:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Rationizing the loss to A&M?

I'm guessing he meant rationalizing.

As for rationalizing, in games like that you just hope "one loss doesn't become two." It may not be a threat the next two weeks but you hope that the team focuses on improvement even more now after a loss than before the game. They'll need it against UGA.

crimsonbleeder

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Birmingham, AL

I'm guessing he meant rationalizing.

As for rationalizing, in games like that you just hope "one loss doesn't become two." It may not be a threat the next two weeks but you hope that the team focuses on improvement even more now after a loss than before the game. They'll need it against UGA.
Unfortunately, the "near loss" at LSU DID turn into TWO bad performances, back to back. I don't know what it takes to stop such a decline, but hopefully a couple of wins against bad teams will help before UGA in ATL...

beowulf

Nov 12, 2012

Thanks for the spillin korection. Sometimes he kin spell butt ever and again he jest kain't. Guess I'm jest rationizing.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

Not rationalizing, but perhaps some perspective:

The win was arguably the biggest win for the Aggies since Bryant beat UT in Austin for the first time - in 1956.

It was the biggest loss for us since - the last one.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

We need to focus on our future games. Hopefully, the three teams ahead of Bama will lose. We win the next three games and we have a chance to play in the BCS game. If Kansas St and Oregon lose Bama possibly could play Neuter Dame.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I think it had a lot to do with the first time we have seen this type of offense. Just like Mahlzahn tricked us and made it an interesting game the first couple of years, the SEC eventually figured him out. Once you see what their keys are, it will be a little easier to stop. I've heard they only use maybe 10-15 different plays during the game. Most are in the same formation. That is how they can run plays so quick. Each play has a few different options on it and the QB makes a pre-snap read and plays fast.
On the other hand, usually a team gets better their 2nd year in a system. Watching the game again right now, I really want to humiliate them next year in their own stadium.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

Personally I'm a big fan of rationing. It's the best way to survive the apocalypse.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I prefer wordmakeuppificationing.
Now that sounds like German. They have all these compound words because that keeps them for having to get all the case endings and genders correct. Plaster them together and it's not a problem... ;)

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Is it that Bama played it's worst game or that Texas A & M played their BEST game?

Both Florida and LSU were lucky to beat the Aggies.

Do we not give credit where credit is due or do we rationalize a loss by saying we woulda, shoulda, and/or coulda?

I just hope we play much better tomorrow and we must play much better next week or the Barn just may surprise us again like they did the 2nd half in 2010! That would give the Barn a winning record of 3 - 9. The Barn will come into that game wanting us to pay for their HORRIBLE season. If they win, that would be their BCS Bowl Game and could/WOULD save the Cheese's job.

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012
Me too. I'm still shocked we lost to such a weak team.

Hopefully two of three undefeated teams lose.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Like all things, the truth is somewhere in the middle. We didn't play that great but we did make very good adjustments eventually. They played their best game but then went a little flat. Anyhoo, that game is in the past. I don't think much about it now. Nothing we can do about it. Just play our best and let it all fall where it may. RTR!!! If someone in 2006 would have told me that we'd be beating W. Carolina 49-0 the week after we lost our first game of the season very close to a good team and we're still a little bit in the hunt for our 3rd title since then, I'd be pretty dang happy. It's all about perspective :) RTR!!! :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.