Rationalizing the loss to A&M?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Coach Bryant was the best coach in college football history. His 25 year run at Alabama was beyond legendary.

Yet, he went undefeated a grand total of 3 season: 1961, 1966, and 1979. One of those criminally didn't result in an NC.

It's extremely difficult to go undefeated in college football. We've still got a great team and hopefully a couple of games will break our way in the next couple of weeks, and we'll find ourselves in Miami after all.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Re: Rationizing the loss to A&M?

As long as we refrain from having a 'Moral Victory' when we do loose. Distant future...
As far as TAMU is concerned, we had more to do with their victory, than they did.
We didn't take care of business...
Now we have an opportunity to atone for our sins, by stomping Auburn, beating Georgia and
finally putting us in position to beat ND...
If we complete the tri-fecta; I'll rationalize that we backed into and won another BCS Championship.

Kind of like 'Drawing to an Inside Straight'...

Last edited:

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010

I suspect that the A&M loss was the best thing that could've happened to this team.

Nothing motivates like a negative event. The team was humiliated and saw its dreams of a BCS repeat seemingly taken away. Now, one week later, all goals are back on the table.

If we had pulled out the win against A&M, no lessons would've been learned (what Coach Saban called "the Bluegrass Miracle" effect). But as things stand, the stage is now set for a strong finish!

Neos

Suspended
Nov 14, 2011

I suspect that the A&M loss was the best thing that could've happened to this team.

Nothing motivates like a negative event. The team was humiliated and saw its dreams of a BCS repeat seemingly taken away. Now, one week later, all goals are back on the table.

If we had pulled out the win against A&M, no lessons would've been learned (what Coach Saban called "the Bluegrass Miracle" effect). But as things stand, the stage is now set for a strong finish!
If we can just make it past AU and Georgia we will beat whoever we play in the BCSNC. We are too good when we are rested/healed and prepared. I honestly think this weekend will be a spark to finish off the season strong, Georgia will have the same spark, but I think we have the better team.

Man, I love College Football haha. I just wish the seasons were longer :D

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I believe that Coach Saban was concerned that the team just did not play to their standard. If aTm was better than us & just Beat us he would be able to justify that. But the Aggies played Great no doubt however with the the aide of Alabama not playing to its standard.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.