Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fifth Straight 10 Win Season

Beating WCU today means Bama has won at least 10 games for 5 straight seasons. This ties the school record of 5 straight set by some of Bear Bryant's great teams from 1971 thru 1975.
    Florida holds the SEC record of 6 straight 10 win seasons set during the 1990's.
    Hopefully Bama ties that record next season.

These are, indeed, great times to be a Bama fan!

Bama 873-315-44 72.6% On the field

23 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

2. Advertisement
    Suspended

Re: Fifth Straight 10 Win Season

33rd time on the field, I believe.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I was thinking of something like this earlier in the week. We are definitely getting a bit spoiled with expectations. If our "bad" season is 10-3 then, I'll gladly take that any day of the week.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Not bad for a team they didn't give much of a chance in the beginning, remember USC was to play LSU in the NCG.

RTR

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

It is quite amazing, considering what conference we play in. Hats off to the team and coaches, we have a chance to win the SEC and go to a BCS bowl. Even if it isn't the national championship they have so much to be proud of.
    Roll Tide

Suspended

I'll be happy with 13-1 and SEC champion most years.

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

This is an amazing time for me as an Alabama fan. I know the older posters here have seen this kind of success under Bear Bryant, but as a younger fan (almost 22 years old) I grew up watching Alabama during a lot of down years (1998-2006).

5 consecutive 10 win seasons, 2 National Championships, 1 SEC Championship and playing for another in a couple weeks. The fact that I am witnessing this right now is awesome to me. Nick Saban is the best coach in the nation and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

RTR!
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

BamaNation First Team

alabama has lost too much, they can't compete.that's what we were told maybe we won't win it all, but our guys have done well. they are to be commended.

FB | REC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by KrimsonNinja View Post
    This is an amazing time for me as an Alabama fan. I know the older posters here have seen this kind of success under Bear Bryant, but as a younger fan (almost 22 years old) I grew up watching Alabama during a lot of down years (1998-2006).

5 consecutive 10 win seasons, 2 National Championships, 1 SEC Championship and playing for another in a couple weeks. The fact that I am witnessing this right now is awesome to me. Nick Saban is the best coach in the nation and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

RTR!
    At my age , 43 , it's simply a return to normalcy , Nothing more , nothing less
    "I know there's tremendous expectations here for what you would like to accomplish with this football program . I can tell you that however you feel about it , I have even higher expectations for what we want to accomplish . I want to win every game we play ." - Nick Saban 1/4/07

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Fifth Straight 10 Win Season

This is truly great. I'm hoping for many more!
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by LCN View Post
    That's exactly what my Dad says. He said it was nothing for Alabama to win like this on a regular basis.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

My Mood
    Cynical on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by GP for Bama View Post

Beating WCU today means Bama has won at least 10 games for 5 straight seasons. This ties the school record of 5 straight set by some of Bear Bryant's great teams from 1971 thru 1975.
    Florida holds the SEC record of 6 straight 10 win seasons set during the 1990's.
    Hopefully Bama ties that record next season.

These are, indeed, great times to be a Bama fan!

So is anyone else tied at 5 presently?

Quote Originally Posted by LCN View Post
    I was also around during the wonderful Bryant years...and I will never take great football years for granted again.

I thought those years would never end...I will enjoy this great ride for as long as it lasts.
    Bama 873-315-44 72.6% On the field

23 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS