Fifth Straight 10 Win Season

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

Beating WCU today means Bama has won at least 10 games for 5 straight seasons. This ties the school record of 5 straight set by some of Bear Bryant's great teams from 1971 thru 1975.
Florida holds the SEC record of 6 straight 10 win seasons set during the 1990's.
Hopefully Bama ties that record next season.

These are, indeed, great times to be a Bama fan!

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I was thinking of something like this earlier in the week. We are definitely getting a bit spoiled with expectations. If our "bad" season is 10-3 then, I'll gladly take that any day of the week.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
It is quite amazing, considering what conference we play in. Hats off to the team and coaches, we have a chance to win the SEC and go to a BCS bowl. Even if it isn't the national championship they have so much to be proud of.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
This is an amazing time for me as an Alabama fan. I know the older posters here have seen this kind of success under Bear Bryant, but as a younger fan (almost 22 years old) I grew up watching Alabama during a lot of down years (1998-2006).

5 consecutive 10 win seasons, 2 National Championships, 1 SEC Championship and playing for another in a couple weeks. The fact that I am witnessing this right now is awesome to me. Nick Saban is the best coach in the nation and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

RTR! :BigA:

socalbamafan

1st Team
Aug 14, 2007
alabama has lost too much, they can't compete.that's what we were told maybe we won't win it all, but our guys have done well. they are to be commended.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
This is an amazing time for me as an Alabama fan. I know the older posters here have seen this kind of success under Bear Bryant, but as a younger fan (almost 22 years old) I grew up watching Alabama during a lot of down years (1998-2006).

5 consecutive 10 win seasons, 2 National Championships, 1 SEC Championship and playing for another in a couple weeks. The fact that I am witnessing this right now is awesome to me. Nick Saban is the best coach in the nation and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

RTR! :BigA:
At my age , 43 , it's simply a return to normalcy , Nothing more , nothing less :D

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

Beating WCU today means Bama has won at least 10 games for 5 straight seasons. This ties the school record of 5 straight set by some of Bear Bryant's great teams from 1971 thru 1975.
Florida holds the SEC record of 6 straight 10 win seasons set during the 1990's.
Hopefully Bama ties that record next season.

These are, indeed, great times to be a Bama fan!

So is anyone else tied at 5 presently?

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
At my age , 43 , it's simply a return to normalcy , Nothing more , nothing less :D
I was also around during the wonderful Bryant years...and I will never take great football years for granted again.

I thought those years would never end...I will enjoy this great ride for as long as it lasts.

BoSox Tider

Scout Team
Jul 1, 2011
Another Old Duffer here (59). Became a died-in-the-wool Tide nut during my college years in the 70s and never looked back. Totally agree, this is simply awesome.

RTR!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.