Manziel Attempts PAT Kick Against Sam Houston, Shanks It

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
This was no gimmick or heisman marketing strategy. Sumlin said in post game presser that he was trying to keep things loose and fun for the boys. They've had no bye this year, and they are tired. A little inside scoop is that Manziel got onto our kicker last week when he missed an extra point during game against you. This was Sulin's way of keeping Manziel a little humble. "Hey heisman boy, it isn't as easy as it looks is it?!"

Yea, Florida Tom, we're looking forward to another shot at you too, and we hope you win the NC this year. My 12 year old says it as simple as it can be said. "If Bama beats ND in the title game, we can say we beat the national champion!"
Thanks for the response, I really look forward to next years game as well.

The only thing I would caution your fan base on is The Johnny Football stuff has really been over the top. You all have a Good football team & it's my view (I could be wrong) that your Defense did more to beat Bama than JM they have been given No Credit at all. Just look across our state & see what happen when a program is one player.

Hey, tell your 12 year old I'm glad he/she is enjoying College Football & the win. You should.

BTW I think you all may have done more to Spark this team to #15 than anyone else.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Gimmicks only last so long and being cocky only gets you so far. You "prove" your point in practice, not in a game. My original impression of Johnny Football is quickly fading. And yes, I totally agree--where is the love for A&M's defense? They did MORE than JF did to win that game. :rolleyes:

kerrdog

Nov 16, 2012
I'm an Aggie fan on your board, and so I'll try and stay respectful.

Craxycat- your comment that "A&M hasn't won a dang thing" is just.. well, its just wrong. A&M took a middle of the road program that was ranked pre-seaon in the mid 30s, with a new coaching staff, a new offensive scheme, a new defensive scheme, a bunch of raw baby qbs with no experience, and tried to compete in the best conference in the country. Nobody believed they could do anything until our anticipated Texas recruiting edge kicked in.

Now look at us honestly. We are a solid top 10 team. Sumlin has a signature win against a top ranked opponent on their/your turf. We have the leading heisman candidate in the country, and he's a freshman! The NFL is drooling over guys on both sides of the ball. Phones in the recruiting office are ringing off the wall. Our defense is way better than we thought it would be. All in our first year in the big bad SEC west!

I'd say we have won a lot this year, and it has made us hungry for more. See you next year in Aggieland. Confidence is high that we will knock that chip off your shoulder.

I agree that the Johnny Football hype is way over the top, but he isn't creating it. He's never referred to himself by that name. Heck, Sumlin won't even let the media talk to him, and most Aggie fans don't even know what his voice sounds like. Only reason I do is that I live in his hometown. The hype isn't without merit, though. The kid is just magic. When you're standing next to him, he just looks like an average dude, but he amassed 12000 yards of offense in 2 1/2 seasons under the Friday night lights where HS football is king. Looks like he's gonna do that throughout his college career as well. Don't worry bamabelle, if your impression of Johnny is fading, you'll get it back next September!

I hope you win the whole dang thing this year. We're in the SEC, and since we can't be there, we'd rather you kick ND in the teeth, than have the conference go down on our account.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Kerrdog,

I think you are a good fan & overall I do like A&M, thought that Sumlin handled the SEC media day better than anyone & showed a lot of Class.

But I will give you a couple of examples that hurt a team. How do you think Peterson & Reed felt about the Honey Badger talk? Clearly they were better D player but Miles helped with the Hype.
In contrast when Mark won all the media wanted to talk about was Marks Dads problems not his accomplishments on the field.

Then go back to 2010 Alabam has the ball inside the 20 against FL in the SECCG with 1:39 left CNS has Greg Take a knee. To have class your team has to show class, I think what this thread was started about will come back to hurt you all.

And finally I mean no Disrepect at all but the difference in your Defense this year vs last year is just amazing, but again all your fans can see is Johnny Football.
see you all in September.

AggieEric98

Nov 5, 2012
I guess you guys have not been paying attention to our kicking game? Our regular FG kicker has already missed 6 XP's (including 1 in that game, he also missed 1 vs you guys as well as a 37 yard FG) , and has only hit 2-12 from 30-49 yards. If anyone can make an XP let them try when the game is not on the line.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I have no problem with him kicking it. Let the kids have fun. No need to over analyze everything. You can tell he is the heart and soul of that team. After not getting a bye all year I agree what ever it takes to keep your team fresh you do it. My wife graduated from A&M and thankfully she had the good graces to be very quiet when they beat us not to mention my little one was crying. I hope they can win out and represent the SEC well in the post season.

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
I don't have an issue with it. I also think "classless" is the most over used word in SEC sports, but that's just me.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
A little inside scoop is that Manziel got onto our kicker last week when he missed an extra point during game against you. This was Sulin's way of keeping Manziel a little humble. "Hey heisman boy, it isn't as easy as it looks is it?!"
Yeah, that type of discipline can be handled at practice. It almost always is. But, if it makes you feel better to think it was discipline and not a stunt to enhance JM's Heisman chances, more power to you. You're not going to win that argument on an opposing fan base's board.

Great season for aTm. Beyond everyone's expectations. Will be interesting to see if the Aggies can sustain it year in and year out. If so, just makes the SEC that much stronger.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.