Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast
Results 157 to 169 of 333
  1. #157
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: next round of expansion already getting underway

    Quote Originally Posted by Ldlane View Post
    I really don't think the SEC needs anymore top flight "Football Schools", we need to work on Basketball and Baseball.
    i agree...unc would be a great pickup with their baseball and basketball programs. when will we know the situation with the exit fee for maryland? i feel thats what everyone is waiting on to move forward. feel really good with slive in control. everything he has done so far has been top notch...do yall agree?

  2. Advertisement
  3. #158
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    8,418
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: next round of expansion already getting underway

    Quote Originally Posted by crimsoncamaro View Post
    i agree...unc would be a great pickup with their baseball and basketball programs. when will we know the situation with the exit fee for maryland? i feel thats what everyone is waiting on to move forward. feel really good with slive in control. everything he has done so far has been top notch...do yall agree?
    Everything? I don't think so. Can you say, "Scam"?
    The Concord Blue Devils, 15-Time World Champions: 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, and 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

    “Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.” ― Sergei Rachmaninoff

    “The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

  4. #159
    BamaNation Scout Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: next round of expansion already getting underway

    Quote Originally Posted by Ldlane View Post
    I really don't think the SEC needs anymore top flight "Football Schools", we need to work on Basketball and Baseball.
    Then you want UNC and UVa.

    Question, I realize y'all have club Lacrosse. Is there any interest in fielding a varsity team? Neither UNC or UVa is going to give up Lacrosse, or Soccer for that matter.

  5. #160
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,150
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: next round of expansion already getting underway

    I think Forida and Vandy have women's lacrosse. Kentucky and South Carolina's men play soccer. If four teams have a sport, the SEC will make it an official league sport. So if both of them have those sports, you can play it in the SEC.

    Also, Alabama and Tennessee have women's rowing and Missouri wrestes. Vandy's women bowl.

    Yes, the game is getting boring.


    ETA...According to Wikipedia, Kentucky and Ole Miss have rifle teams.
    Last edited by Crimson1967; November 24th, 2012 at 07:37 PM.

  6. #161
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Shonto, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    11,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: next round of expansion already getting underway

    I really don't think either are viable or acceptable.


    Quote Originally Posted by IncendiaryLemon View Post
    Then you want UNC and UVa.

    Question, I realize y'all have club Lacrosse. Is there any interest in fielding a varsity team? Neither UNC or UVa is going to give up Lacrosse, or Soccer for that matter.

  7. #162
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Posts
    17,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

    Official NEW Expansion Thread: Maryland reportedly going to B1G

    They are terrible in the ACC, B1G is gonna eat the alive!
    ROLL TIDE!

  8. #163
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Official NEW Expansion Thread: Maryland reportedly going to B1G

    been searching expansion talk and reading acc about to add louisville, conn, and cincinnatti. not official, just rumor for now.

  9. #164
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Shonto, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    11,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: Official NEW Expansion Thread: Maryland reportedly going to B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by crimsoncamaro View Post
    been searching expansion talk and reading acc about to add louisville, conn, and cincinnatti. not official, just rumor for now.
    But there is also a "rumor" that UNC and UVA have met with B1G.

    Next Big Ten expansion? Would you believe ... North Carolina?
    Last edited by Ldlane; November 25th, 2012 at 08:48 PM.

  10. #165
    BamaNation All-SEC RhodeIslandRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Official NEW Expansion Thread: Maryland reportedly going to B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by Ldlane View Post
    But there is also a "rumor" that UNC and UVA have met with B1G.

    Next Big Ten expansion? Would you believe ... North Carolina?
    If so, then Duke and another might be amenable to offers.

  11. #166
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Official NEW Expansion Thread: Maryland reportedly going to B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by Ldlane View Post
    But there is also a "rumor" that UNC and UVA have met with B1G.

    Next Big Ten expansion? Would you believe ... North Carolina?
    yea i think the acc knows whats about to happen and is preparing for the schools that are leaving.

  12. #167
    BamaNation Scout Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: next round of expansion already getting underway

    Quote Originally Posted by crimsoncamaro View Post
    when will we know the situation with the exit fee for maryland?
    It will be months before that's decided. The ACC has every incentive to fight that one tooth and nail.

  13. #168
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,150
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: next round of expansion already getting underway

    I would be against adding Duke. They would kill everyone (except Kentucky) in basketball and add zero in football.

  14. #169
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Shonto, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    11,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: next round of expansion already getting underway

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    I would be against adding Duke. They would kill everyone (except Kentucky) in basketball and add zero in football.
    Does the conference really need another football powerhouse?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!