Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC RhodeIslandRed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: next round of expansion already getting underway

I think a 16 team conference can consider dividing into 4 divisions. A team would play everyone in its division as well as everyone in another division. The alternate division would rotate every other year. There will only need to be one championship game.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that one of the reasons Bama is ranked #2 and Georgia and Florida are #3 and #4 is because of the strength of schedule of playing SEC teams. WKU and WCU didn't hurt too bad because of having to play the SEC schedule.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeIslandRed View Post
    I think a 16 team conference can consider dividing into 4 divisions. A team would play everyone in its division as well as everyone in another division. The alternate division would rotate every other year. There will only need to be one championship game.
    That is only 7 conference games/year. I like the idea, but 14/16 team conferences need to schedule 9 games within conference/yr, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    That is only 7 conference games/year. I like the idea, but 14/16 team conferences need to schedule 9 games within conference/yr, IMO.
    I think the only way a team in the playoff scenario can get a high ranking is by playing outside powers. This would take care of that problem. I eventually see a "RPI" system set up for football like basketball.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    So they didn't want Missouri but would take Rutgers or Maryland? Doesn't make any sense.
    its called TV market....with the Big10 network, they have to reach cable subscribers to add value....both those hit larger markets in the northeast region.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    I'm sick of expansion. This last expansion has done us no good.
    how so? Both Teams are quality additions, and Texas A&M has shown that they can play in the conference....

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood

Andy Katz is tweeting that he has talked to Prominent Alumni at Maryland and they think that Maryland moves to the Big 10 this morning at their meeting.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ldlane View Post
    I think the only way a team in the playoff scenario can get a high ranking is by playing outside powers. This would take care of that problem. I eventually see a "RPI" system set up for football like basketball.
    Never have understood RPI. The way I understand it the factors are as follows opponent's RPI, SOS, and record. Does that really solve anything?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Never have understood RPI. The way I understand it the factors are as follows opponent's RPI, SOS, and record. Does that really solve anything?
    The bottom line is you have to beat a team that is "powerful" or hope that one of your cupcakes can beat a good team.

I have a link on the Basketball page under out current RPI Rating.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark it down: Va Tech and NC State will be in the SEC when all is said and done.
    "I know this much, Alabama football will survive anything because we play the most interesting football there is -- we win." Bear Bryant

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ldlane View Post
    The bottom line is you have to beat a team that is "powerful" or hope that one of your cupcakes can beat a good team.

I have a link on the Basketball page under out current RPI Rating.
    I'll go look at the link and see if it helps me any.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood

Jeff Ermann
    @insidemdsports
    A source with knowledge of the situation tells InsideMDsports.com #Maryland has decided to move to the #BigTen. maryland.247sports.com/Board/67/-MAJO…

8:04 AM - 19 Nov 12 · web
    159 RETWEETS 5 FAVORITES

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I don't think the SEC wants 16 teams but I could be wrong. I anticipate that the ACC will move on UCONN and Louisville though.