Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415
    BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: And once again, Alabama controls it's destiny! (thank you Baylor and Stanford)

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    Coming from someone who lives there, I can't overemphasize how much Stanford (and the rest of the Pac-12) hates Oregon. Denying the Ducks a spot in both the national and very likely the conference dance set humble Palo Alto on fire last night. In drunken camaraderie, I was wished best of luck from fans of teams stretching from Washington down to LA.

I only wish it had been a home game for the Cardinal, so I could've seen it in person.
    Palo Alto is humble?

Maybe it's just the pall of smug frim Woodside and Larry Ellison drifting over it that makes it appear otherwise.
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

2. Advertisement

Re: And once again, Alabama controls it's destiny! (thank you Baylor and Stanford)

Quote Originally Posted by IH8Orange View Post
    Palo Alto is humble?

Maybe it's just the pall of smug frim Woodside and Larry Ellison drifting over it that makes it appear otherwise.
    Well let's just say it's a far more stoic place than T-town. Even in times of great triumph.

BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

Re: And once again, Alabama controls its destiny! (thank you Baylor and Stanford)

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAtlanta View Post
    It should also be noted that Michigan State finished #2 and Alabama #3 in both polls, so it really wasn't a ND thing. Michigan State would have been national champs if ND wasn't, so like you said, ND really shouldn't be blamed for that.

The politics of the day just weren't going to allow a non-integrated southern team to be national champs.
    I am going to have to take objection to that notion.

Living in Filthydelphia, at that time (against my will), there was no such talk. ND-MSU was The Game of the Century. Because the football world revolved around that part of the country. Nothing south of the Mason-Dixon line, or west of the Mississippi, existed, save for U$C. But only because they played Nutter Dumber every year. Whoever won that game was going to be King of the Hill, no matter what. Neither did, so they had a quandary. Which was the worst possible outcome, as Bama could be no higher than #3.

If a team other than one of the yankee biggies (ND, the OSU, Meechigan, etc.) won, it was considered a fluke of nature, (kinda like API winning!) merely because it wasn't one of their holy grails. The rest of the country was invisible. There was no talk of what a great injustice had just occurred. Only what to look for next year, and what (insert yankee holy grail) can/should/must do to be No. 1.

In the 5 years I was in that stink hole, the only time I heard anything, with any political and/or sociological overtones, was when the CryBoys lost to Green Bean, in the Ice Bowl.

"I'm glad Dallas lost. That is where they killed Kennedy." Wish I had a $ for every time I heard that one.

Back to our normal program of wishing for the chance to correct things with Nutter Dumber.
    "He's crazy, Doc. He won't fly with me. I take good care of him, but he won't. He's crazy, alright."
    "There, that's proof, isn't it?. They all say I'm crazy."
    "They're crazy."
    "Then why don't you ground them?"
    "Why don't they ask?"
    "Because they're crazy, that's why."
    "Of course they're crazy. I just told you that. You can't let crazy people decide if you are crazy or not, can you?"

BamaNation First Team CrimsonTusk's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: And once again, Alabama controls its destiny! (thank you Baylor and Stanford)

Bama fans react last night,.... great video. RTR!!

BamaNation Second Team

Re: BCS Title Game ...... (SEC)

Quote Originally Posted by Al A Bama View Post
    Did I say unbelievable/ This is just unbelievable! But you can believe it!

RTR!!!!!!!
    "Sometimes it's so incredible it's unbelievable!" - Tom Landry

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I think ND is the team we match up the best with of the top out-of-conference options. Still, they're a tough out. Golston can make plays with his feet and their OL is fantastic.
    I agree and I would rather paly the Dommer. The first BAMA game I remember watching was the Dommer vs. BAMA.

Last night was an unexpected treat! Roll Tree Bears! I just hope we can handle Georgia. We haven't looked as dominant recently as we thought we were, but we should still be favored. A Bama vs. ND national championship game might get the highest TV ratings of any BCSCG in a long time. This is a matchup I've always dreamed about (being too young to remember the last matchups between the two teams). I can hardly believe it might actually happen.
    Discipline.
    Commitment.
    Effort.
    Toughness.
    Pride.
    (http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20100201/news/100209986)

News|BB|FB|Rec Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I expect the team to come out like it did in the BCS last year.

A game vs ND might be the highest rated game ever

BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by cuda.1973 View Post
    If a team other than one of the yankee biggies (ND, the OSU, Meechigan, etc.) won, it was considered a fluke of nature, (kinda like API winning!) merely because it wasn't one of their holy grails. The rest of the country was invisible.
    Well, it shouldn't have been considered much of a fluke since Bama won the AP National Championship in 1961, 1964 and 1965, USC won it in 1962 and Texas won it in 1963. The only yankee team up to that point to win an AP NC in the 60's was Minnesota in 1960. By that point in the 60's, it was actually a fluke for a yankee team to win the NC. That's probably a large part of why Bama was snubbed also.
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

Didn't say it made sense to the rest of the world. In their myopic provincial view of the world, it made perfect sense. I remember many a New Years' Day when the TV was turned off, if none of "their" teams were playing.

For some reason, Tejas was the team that annoyed my family, the most. Must have been that "everything is bigger in Texas" stuff they heard, from guy they served with, in the war.
    "He's crazy, Doc. He won't fly with me. I take good care of him, but he won't. He's crazy, alright."
    "There, that's proof, isn't it?. They all say I'm crazy."
    "They're crazy."
    "Then why don't you ground them?"
    "Why don't they ask?"
    "Because they're crazy, that's why."
    "Of course they're crazy. I just told you that. You can't let crazy people decide if you are crazy or not, can you?"