And once again, Alabama controls its destiny! (thank you Baylor and Stanford)

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Re: And once again, Alabama controls it's destiny! (thank you Baylor and Stanford)

Does anyone know if Oregon is still in the conference championship game? If so, who do they play? Without that, they might not be able to stay in front of UF if ND loses.
I think they have to beat O State first

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
Re: And once again, we control our destiny! (thank you Baylor and Stanford)

I am still in utter shock. My gosh, I'll never get to sleep now (but it's well worth it)! RTR!!!

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Re: And once again, Alabama controls it's destiny! (thank you Baylor and Stanford)

Does anyone know if Oregon is still in the conference championship game? If so, who do they play? Without that, they might not be able to stay in front of UF if ND loses.

No, if Stanford wins next week, then Stanford is in. If they lose, then I think Oregon is back in. Stanford plays UCLA next week.

and Oregon has to beat Oregon state.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO

Only if Stanford loses to UCLA next week. UCLA has already secured a spot on the other side.

Crimson Grin

1st Team
Jan 27, 2005
Georgia

Interesting that Baylor's Defense has been almost non-existent this year, but when they really needed it, and we really needed it... The Bears Defense played tall. :)
Then Stanford took out Oregon in OT...
Suddenly we've backed into position to possibly have another run at a BCS Title. WOW.
That quote is silly to me. We have backed into nothing...there was and still is a lot of football to be played.
RTR! Awesome night and bring on the barn!

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama

This is how it is going to play out.

Bama wins out.
Florida loses @ Florida State
Notre Dame loses @ USC

BAMA vs LSU in National Championship game. HAHAHAHA!

(If Notre Dame loses @ USC....two SEC teams play in the big one)
Lol, my husband has been saying this same all week after the TAMU loss...I said no way, it's not like last year and way too many things have to fall into place and the voters won't let it happen.
Now it's actually not that far-fetched if Bama wins out and you end with all the top teams with one loss each. Things could get really muddy if ND loses too...it could happen.

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL

Lol -- a post from a Barner: "Of all the teams that would help Bama -why did it have to be the trees?"

BoSox Tider

Scout Team
Jul 1, 2011

We have a losing record against Notre dumb. I'm 21 years young, so Notre dame doesn't really have any impact on me because they've been irrelevant for the majority of my life. Someone please tell us a little of the history between the two programs?
It all started in 1966 (I was in the 8th grade). ND purposely played for a tie against Michigan State to preserve their undefeated season (no OT back then). Bama finished 10-0-0, but ND (9-0-1) was awarded the NC because...well, they were ND. :mad: I haven't had any use for ND ever since.

1973 Sugar Bowl: ND beats Bama 13-11 on a flukey TD play in the 4th quarter. (Bama still won the NC because it was decided after the regular season and before the bowls in those days, but still...)

1974 Orange Bowl: ND beats Bama 24-23.

1977: Bama (#2 or 3 in the polls, iirc) kicks OSU's butt 35-6 in the Sugar Bowl. ND (#5) beats Texas in the Cotton Bowl something like 38-10, and jumps over everybody to be declared NC.

Would love to see the Tide get them in the NC and kick their butts into next week.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA

I think you're absolutely right. Frankly, the college football world would love an Alabama/Notre Dame game. I know I'd love to win #15 against the hated Fighting Irish. Maybe I could finally get over the 1973 Sugar Bowl.
Beating ND for the BCSNC would help get over 1973 and it beating them BADLY would be a little payback for 1966 and 1977 also.

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.

Amazing!!! We've got a shot. Win our next three games and we got #15. It's on us. All we gotta do is..."Git-r-dun"!!!

RTR!!!
:BigA::BigA::BigA:

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011

Its hard to go undefeated, so at least our loss was to a top 10 team that's hot right now in A&M.

I was switching back and forth between the games tonight, and really didn't think the Ducks or KSU looked like top teams, maybe they just played flat though.

Nutter Dummer is the best match up anyway, hope it works out that way.

Georgia is a concern though, they have talent on both sides of the ball.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.