Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Suspended
    My Mood
    Psychedelic on TideFans.com

Re: 40 Years Ago Notre Dame and Alabama played for it All

I cried in the 1975 Orange Bowl when Richard Todd threw a last second interception to seal the loss to Notre Dame 13-11....

2. Advertisement

I was at the Sugar Bowl and the following year in the Orange Bowl for both losses to Notre Dame. We owe them BIG time.
    Bama 873-315-44 72.6% On the field

23 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

BamaNation All-SEC

Re: 39 Years Ago Notre Dame and Alabama played for it All

Is that the game where Bryant's intense film study actually worked against him? I'm thinking of ND's pass to the TE late in game - it wasn't tightly covered because Bryant knew that they hadn't thrown to him the entire year.

BamaNation All-American CoastGhost's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

I had not looked at this! BCS standings

4 Alabama 9-1
    5 Georgia 9-1
    6 Florida 9-1
    7 LSU 8-2
    8 Texas A&M 8-2
    9 South Carolina 8-2

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I'd begun to think I wouldn't live long enough for a rematch. Ara Parseghian is 89. I hope he still can watch football...
    Also I'm included in that innumerable group. Last I heard (last year) he was living the the good life on Marco Island Florida, apparently able to look at football...

Suspended
    My Mood
    Psychedelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by GP for Bama View Post
    I was at the Sugar Bowl and the following year in the Orange Bowl for both losses to Notre Dame. We owe them BIG time.
    You are right! However, at least Cornelius Bennett got us some redemption with "The Sack" in the 1986 win vs ND.

BamaNation All-American CoastGhost's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAtlanta View Post
    Is that the game where Bryant's intense film study actually worked against him? I'm thinking of ND's pass to the TE late in game - it wasn't tightly covered because Bryant knew that they hadn't thrown to him the entire year.
    That's the one. I remember watching my Dad's Crimson hounds tooth hat with the original "In Your Heart, You Know We're Number One" button go sailing over the upper deck ledge.

Quote Originally Posted by kyallie View Post
    Also I'm included in that innumerable group. Last I heard (last year) he was living the the good life on Marco Island Florida, apparently able to look at football...
    Interesting! I just did a prenup for a couple forging a second marriage as widow and widower and one of them had to sell a house on Marco Island. Second time I've even heard the name...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team Bear Disciple's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Revenge. Notre Dame has a lot coming if that is indeed how it plays out, start paying them back for the titles they took from us!

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Poor old Lou Holtz will be in 7th Heaven. He can cheer for his old team, and cheer against us at the same time.

I get to say that I sat on the 35 when Perkins Alabama team played ND.
    I was so hoarse I couldn't talk for two days.
    Got to confess that I've always been a Perkins fan. IMO: He just came along at the wrong time...

BamaNation First Team

I was 16 years old, my dad had moved us from Mobile to New Orleans a couple of years before, and we were at that game. What a gut wrencher. I still want some payback all these many years later. Krymsonman

FB | REC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAllTheWay View Post
    I hated Notre Dame more than any other team when i was a kid. It was so fun to see Perkins team stomp them in '85. I hope that is how the BCSCG shakes out: Bama and ND! Aubie and UGA first though. Roll Tide!
    It was actually 1986 .
    "I know there's tremendous expectations here for what you would like to accomplish with this football program . I can tell you that however you feel about it , I have even higher expectations for what we want to accomplish . I want to win every game we play ." - Nick Saban 1/4/07

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Interesting! I just did a prenup for a couple forging a second marriage as widow and widower and one of them had to sell a house on Marco Island. Second time I've even heard the name...
    It's just out from Naples and the West Palm Beach of the west coast, lots of eagle nests, very expensive. Hotel rooms around $1200 a night.

My main beef with Ara is his comments as a analysis for ABC, the Most bias announcer ever worst than Holtz.

Its the arragonce that gets them.