Sep 29, 2005
Re: 40 Years Ago Notre Dame and Alabama played for it All

Wrong , but I'll edit it for you :D

BamaAllTheWay

3rd Team
Apr 17, 2000
Flower Mound, TX
40 Years Ago Notre Dame and Alabama played for it All

I hated Notre Dame more than any other team when i was a kid. It was so fun to see Perkins team stomp them in '85. I hope that is how the BCSCG shakes out: Bama and ND! Aubie and UGA first though. Roll Tide!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I'd begun to think I wouldn't live long enough for a rematch. Ara Parseghian is 89. I hope he still can watch football...

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham

I'd begun to think I wouldn't live long enough for a rematch...
Me either Earle..and I was only 11 when that game happened...first time I remember crying when Bama lost..

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.

I can not imagine a sweater NCCG than Bama and Notre Dame it's old school redemption time!

Last edited:

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

I'd begun to think I wouldn't live long enough for a rematch...
If we could meet with them #1 and us #2 it would be very fitting. I'd hate to think they could beat us again.

I got my fingers crossed it works out that way. (not them winning)

TheSabanator

Suspended
Oct 1, 2011
Birmingham,Alabama

I cried in the 1975 Orange Bowl when Richard Todd threw a last second interception to seal the loss to Notre Dame 13-11....:(

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

I was at the Sugar Bowl and the following year in the Orange Bowl for both losses to Notre Dame. We owe them BIG time.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
Is that the game where Bryant's intense film study actually worked against him? I'm thinking of ND's pass to the TE late in game - it wasn't tightly covered because Bryant knew that they hadn't thrown to him the entire year.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama

I'd begun to think I wouldn't live long enough for a rematch. Ara Parseghian is 89. I hope he still can watch football...
Also I'm included in that innumerable group. Last I heard (last year) he was living the the good life on Marco Island Florida, apparently able to look at football...

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Is that the game where Bryant's intense film study actually worked against him? I'm thinking of ND's pass to the TE late in game - it wasn't tightly covered because Bryant knew that they hadn't thrown to him the entire year.
That's the one. I remember watching my Dad's Crimson hounds tooth hat with the original "In Your Heart, You Know We're Number One" button go sailing over the upper deck ledge.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.