BamaNation Second Team

Funny commercial on 680 the Fan in Atlanta

680 the Fan in Atlanta has been running an SEC championship commercial stating that the match-up features "the surging Georgia Bulldogs versus the Alabama Crimson Tide who have struggled against quality opponents." First off, we are not yet a definite in the championship game (I take nothing for granted even if it's a bad Auburn team we play at home). Secondly, even if we have struggled against quality opponents the last few weeks, I find it comical that they ignored Georgia's struggles against quality opponents and non-quality opponents alike (Kentucky and Tennessee).

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC bamagradinATL's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Funny commercial on 680 the Fan in Atlanta

Listening to 680 or 790 leasing up to the SEC Championship game will be unbearable.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Just Homerism.

I know Tech is in Atlanta but when we lived their it was all dogs.

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I hate 680 the fan -- especially the morning show. Perry Laurentino (the guy who sounds a little like Al Michaels) obviously hates Bama. I can handle listening to Buck Belue and Chuck & Chernoff but everyone else is getting to be almost as unbearable as the "carpetbaggers" radio station that is 790 the zone. Man I hate Atlanta... can't wait to move to Colorado next summer. Grrrrr
    I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games. - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    Sad on TideFans.com

I heard that last week, and it reminded me of why I call this station 680 TheUGAFan. Buck Belue and John Kincade are hideous. The morning show is a weird mashup of former athletes, a washed up DJ, and an annoying smart mouth who thinks he knows everything. Chuck and Chernoff are the only bearable part of their lineup, and that's saying a lot considering Chuck Oliver is a Barn grad. I thought that commercial was a sunshine pumper for uga.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    Just Homerism.

I know Tech is in Atlanta but when we lived their it was all dogs.
    I live in the North Atlanta Metro area. I don't think there are enough smart people in Georgia to go to Ga Tech. Most of their students are from somewhere else.

BamaNation All-SEC bamagradinATL's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

You didnt hear a peep out of them after UGA lost to USCe. They still don't talk about it, but they're quick to say Bama lost at home to Texas A&M.

BamaNation Second Team James Eagle's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    I hate 680 the fan -- especially the morning show. Perry Laurentino (the guy who sounds a little like Al Michaels) obviously hates Bama. I can handle listening to Buck Belue and Chuck & Chernoff but everyone else is getting to be almost as unbearable as the "carpetbaggers" radio station that is 790 the zone. Man I hate Atlanta... can't wait to move to Colorado next summer. Grrrrr
    Delta is ready when you are.

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by James Eagle View Post
    Delta is ready when you are.
    Believe me it will be a pleasure when the time comes :-)
    I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games. - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.