Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Chip Kelly is the new Bob Stoops!

Quote Originally Posted by JIB View Post
    Stoops has lost some simply baffling games. Kelly's losses are understandable. This Stanford loss is understandable. So was last season's USC loss. Stoops lost to some mediocre teams and has been embarrassed in some bowl games. Not the same.
    Talent wise, Oregon was superior to Boise State in 2009. Although, I realize it was his first game as head coach.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team wishbonesooner's Avatar

Sometimes, you just get beat, re: last weekend in Tuscaloosa.
    I have my standards, admittedly they're low, but I have standards!

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Defense Wins Championships!

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

If Kelly had a kicker the last two years then he would be in the ship. Oregon is still under the shadow of USC in that conference, and its amazing how he can coach USC leftovers to be championship caliber players, but as OSU, Aub,LSU,USC,and Stanford proved... hit em in the mouth with big defensive players and they get punch drunk and lose. Stoops was the same coach tressel was at OSU, live off a BCSNC and take advantage of a bad conference and lose to whoever you play in the bowl. Kelly>>>>>>>Stoops
    “There's not too much to say. Alabama thoroughly beat us. They are a better team. They were coached better, they played better, and they looked like they will have a big season. They have a heck of a team.”
    Steve Spurrier

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DaleC76 View Post
    To be fair, it's very hard to go undefeated.
    Yeah in the SEC. Oregon has it SO EASY in the PAC 12 and they blew it against Stanford.
    Last edited by BamaJama17; November 18th, 2012 at 11:42 AM.

BamaNation All-American 2003TIDE's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Maybe he will learn to play for some field goals when he is up by 50 instead of padding his players' stats for the Heisman. Their FG kicker has bit them in the butt 2 years in a row now. Don't blame the guy for missing if he only gets a couple of opportunities a year. Heck he doesnt even get to kick PAT's that much since they go for 2 all the time.

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar

I was NOT impressed with Oregon last night. They've got some really fast guys but all Stanford did was send a couple of guys out wide to force them back to the middle on each play and they folded. Also, when the game was on the line at the end they played their worst. Them winning the national championship would have been a travesty.

BamaNation First Team

all the more reason to play in a real conference. As much as he SEC beats up one another the conference reputation has helped Bama a great deal. That Stanford team is fundamentally sound and plays with heart.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Don't forget folks, Stanford is one of the few teams west of the Mississippi River that actually believes in and plays defense.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation First Team

"Choking" to me is failure when the pressure suddenly amps up. Kansas St choked yesterday, for sure, because they found out that being #1 is so tough they could only handle it for 6 days. I think Oregon choked a bit as well, all they needed to do was win, although they played a tough team (I watched the second half, and if it wasn't for Cardinal fumbles it would have been a blowout).

Alabama lost one too, but had been ranked #1 for most of the season. I also think that A&M right now could beat any of the these other teams, but I don't think they would beat Alabama again.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Im_on_dsp View Post
    I was NOT impressed with Oregon last night. They've got some really fast guys but all Stanford did was send a couple of guys out wide to force them back to the middle on each play and they folded. Also, when the game was on the line at the end they played their worst. Them winning the national championship would have been a travesty.
    Agreed. Stanford's LB's and D-Line I'd say was quicker against Oregon (than we were against A&M) but they also lack size as a result. Long story short those guys were able to contain Oregon's QB and not over rush him. They played very disciplined on defense.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by wishbonesooner View Post
    Sometimes, you just get beat, re: last weekend in Tuscaloosa.
    Absolutely. Our fans forget very quickly.
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Chip Kelly is the new Bob Stoops!

Yes.
    " The greatest battles of life are fought daily in the silent chambers of our own soul"