Chip Kelly is the new Bob Stoops!

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
"Choking" to me is failure when the pressure suddenly amps up. Kansas St choked yesterday, for sure, because they found out that being #1 is so tough they could only handle it for 6 days. I think Oregon choked a bit as well, all they needed to do was win, although they played a tough team (I watched the second half, and if it wasn't for Cardinal fumbles it would have been a blowout).

Alabama lost one too, but had been ranked #1 for most of the season. I also think that A&M right now could beat any of the these other teams, but I don't think they would beat Alabama again.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I was NOT impressed with Oregon last night. They've got some really fast guys but all Stanford did was send a couple of guys out wide to force them back to the middle on each play and they folded. Also, when the game was on the line at the end they played their worst. Them winning the national championship would have been a travesty.
Agreed. Stanford's LB's and D-Line I'd say was quicker against Oregon (than we were against A&M) but they also lack size as a result. Long story short those guys were able to contain Oregon's QB and not over rush him. They played very disciplined on defense.

yellurhammur

Nov 9, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Absolutely. Our fans forget very quickly.
Its not just getting beat. It's getting beat in big games when they matter the most. I know we just lost last week. I wouldn't compare the two because we have been at the top all season, if your rational only works if we had just made it to the top, but as soon as Oregon can see daylight to the big game or get to it, they slip up. Read original post.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I just read this - can anyone confirm if it is true?

When Coach Kelly first began coaching Oregon, they lost an important game to Boise State. An angry fan wrote Coach Kelly demanding a refund for the game ticket he bought. Coach mailed him a check for the exact amount. The fan never cashed the check.

It's a great story - I hope it's true....

TIA!

yellurhammur

Nov 9, 2012
Huntsville, AL

When Coach Kelly first began coaching Oregon, they lost an important game to Boise State. An angry fan wrote Coach Kelly demanding a refund for the game ticket he bought. Coach mailed him a check for the exact amount. The fan never cashed the check.

TIA!
Wow. Terrible fan! Learned a lesson though.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR

TIA!

It is true or at least according to the media. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.