Chip Kelly is the new Bob Stoops!

yellurhammur

Nov 9, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Chip Kelly can't win the big one's or at least when it really really matters? Always seems to drop one when the Ducks aren't supposed to. What do y'all think, much of a comparison to stoops?

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
Poor comparison. Kelly is a great offensive coach and the ducks are only relevant because of his offense. Stoops had/has tons more talent and chokes at even the most unpredictable moments.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
So losing to Stanford tonight wasn't unpredictable? Weren't the Ducks a 17 pt fav?
I don't make the spread, so I can't comment on that part. I will say Stanford is a very good team that matched up well with UO and I'm not shocked by the result. Stanford did beat a then #1 USC earlier this year and will likely win their division that they share with the Ducks.

Stoops is a choker as he has proven time and again his ability to lose when he has superior talent. Plus, many good coaches could take over one of the historically best programs in CFB in OU and have great/better results. The same cannot be said for U of O and Chip Kelly. Heck, the Ducks start a freshman QB.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
Stoops has lost some simply baffling games. Kelly's losses are understandable. This Stanford loss is understandable. So was last season's USC loss. Stoops lost to some mediocre teams and has been embarrassed in some bowl games. Not the same.

SouthHSV

1st Team
Sep 5, 2008
Huntsville,Al
Stoops has lost some simply baffling games. Kelly's losses are understandable. This Stanford loss is understandable. So was last season's USC loss. Stoops lost to some mediocre teams and has been embarrassed in some bowl games. Not the same.
Talent wise, Oregon was superior to Boise State in 2009. Although, I realize it was his first game as head coach.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If Kelly had a kicker the last two years then he would be in the ship. Oregon is still under the shadow of USC in that conference, and its amazing how he can coach USC leftovers to be championship caliber players, but as OSU, Aub,LSU,USC,and Stanford proved... hit em in the mouth with big defensive players and they get punch drunk and lose. Stoops was the same coach tressel was at OSU, live off a BCSNC and take advantage of a bad conference and lose to whoever you play in the bowl. Kelly>>>>>>>Stoops

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Maybe he will learn to play for some field goals when he is up by 50 instead of padding his players' stats for the Heisman. Their FG kicker has bit them in the butt 2 years in a row now. Don't blame the guy for missing if he only gets a couple of opportunities a year. Heck he doesnt even get to kick PAT's that much since they go for 2 all the time.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
I was NOT impressed with Oregon last night. They've got some really fast guys but all Stanford did was send a couple of guys out wide to force them back to the middle on each play and they folded. Also, when the game was on the line at the end they played their worst. Them winning the national championship would have been a travesty.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.