Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Suspended
    Recipes

Re: Alabama "Small" Crowd yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by AngryEwok View Post
    Want a better crowd? Don't lose games you shouldn't and don't schedule 1-9 teams.
    Ouch.

Wouldn't have been any better if we had beaten A&M.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Alabama "Small" Crowd yesterday

Want a better crowd? Don't lose games you shouldn't and don't schedule 1-9 teams.
    A little harsh
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-SEC Bamafan P.T.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J4Bama View Post
    I'm watching the UGA/Ga Southern replay right now and it looks like they have a full house. Not sure what our problem is.
    Ga southern is a much better team/program than wcu. Not to mention the in-state school side of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost in TN View Post
    Every seat was sold.
    Actually I don't think it was. I either read it or heard Eli on the radio say this was the first time a game wasn't sold out in Saban's tenure.

Maybe the AD/SEC will stop pretending people are ok to see these kind of games.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Alabama "Small" Crowd yesterday

I would have loved to attend the game. However, face value was $55. For me to go, that would be $110 on tickets. Then, I have to add $50 on gas and probably another $50 for food during the entire trip. Not worth spending $200 on a scrimmage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

I was there, and am happy to report there were no problems getting out of T-town after the game.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I was there to see Alabama play, not Western Carolina.
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

BamaNation First Team drjohn432's Avatar
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon on TideFans.com

$45 face value. i couldn't give away 4 tickets, and the school was running specials that gave you free food and drink with tickets

The avatar is from The Superdome Jan. 09, 2012. RTR!!

BamaNation All-American RollTideMang's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I attended, but decided to leave right after we got to 49-0 (kind of glad we didn't sit through another 1.5 quarters of no scoring).

With some legitimate exceptions, such as some mentioned above, people didn't go because they are lazy. They just want to go to "big" games. Think of all the great fans who would love to be able to go, but can't. Not don't want to, but can't for real reasons. Too many don't want to be engaged when Alabama has lost or may not have a good shot at a NC. They are hot stuff Bama fans until there is a slip up or adversity then they are all mouth. Just listen to a radio talk show last week. There are too many casual, good times fans out there. I wish they would latch on to another team with their wishy washy allegiance, maybe dust off the orange side of their closet.
    And yes, I was there yesterday.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by jabcmb View Post
    With some legitimate exceptions, such as some mentioned above, people didn't go because they are lazy. They just want to go to "big" games. Think of all the great fans who would love to be able to go, but can't. Not don't want to, but can't for real reasons. Too many don't want to be engaged when Alabama has lost or may not have a good shot at a NC. They are hot stuff Bama fans until there is a slip up or adversity then they are all mouth. Just listen to a radio talk show last week. There are too many casual, good times fans out there. I wish they would latch on to another team with their wishy washy allegiance, maybe dust off the orange side of their closet.
    And yes, I was there yesterday.
    I'm being a jerk here, I know, but there's 100,000 people in Tuscaloosa. Fuss at the bandwagon fans who live fifteen minutes from the stadium, but don't make blanket accusations about our fanbase.

I mean...how much money do some of you people spend on this? I'm a diehard fan and alum, but geez.

BamaNation All-American Crimson Speed's Avatar

For what it is worth, the A&M game had nothing to do with it, but the opponent did have an impact. Given the toughness of the schedule in this conference, the team needs a break at some point in the season. This was one of them.

I often wonder how many of the people who complain were actually there... I was and I also will say.
    there were tix for sale as cheap as $5 outside.
    so finance should not be a big concern if you really wanted to see " your" Tide play.
    Tradition-
    "Cherished by those who possess it, Envied by those without it, Scoffed by those who do not comprehend it and Desired by all who understand it." -Me