Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

Re: Alabama "Small" Crowd yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by BamaDude06 View Post
    There is zero excuse for the SEC to have such a weak conference schedule this late in the season. There were three conference games yesterday. Outside of that, only Mizzou played a D-1A school (Syracuse), while the other seven SEC teams all played D1-AA. It's not entirely the schools fault. Almost every other school was playing a conference game yesterday. Playing the D1-AA teams, if it must be done, should be played in the first 2-3 weeks of the season, IMO. Give us exciting matchups this time of year.
    There is zero excuse for an Alabama fan to not understand the necessity of the SEC programs taking a break late in the season. Saban has explained it, anyone that is at the game and sees the players in sweatpants should understand it. Give you an exciting match-up? I don't know, may be they'd rather give you a championship instead, but I guess that's just shortsightedness on their part.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American We_are_Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Crappy on TideFans.com

Is there something I am missing? Did *U go out and buy another once in a lifetime player in the last two weeks? I am not getting why some are so sold on auburn winning this Saturday. I don't see how a team that has looked as they have is suddenly going to turn it around in the last game of the season.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

BamaNation All-American We_are_Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Crappy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by capnfrog View Post
    I'm afraind Bama will not have such an easy game against the Barn though as some might think. Remember the barn got up for LSU and had them playing for their life most of the game.
    http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showt...=1#post2036243
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Playmaker View Post
    As much as I love basketball and attend as many games as possible most fans aren't going to drive an hour plus to catch a basketball game when we're in football country. As much as I would love getting sell outs for basketball more often, the crowds won't appear until we start winning more.
    People don't have to drive hours. The Tuscaloosa Metro area has 221,000 people, not including students. It shouldn't be that hard to fill up, or nearly fill up a 15,000 seat arena on a semi regular basis.

All I was inferring with my post is that I wish we were as passionate about a top 25 SEC match-up in basketball as we are about an 11:00 AM kickoff against a 1-9 FCS team. I know basketball will never surpass football, I wouldn't necessarily want it to. But complaining about a 90% capacity crowd this past Saturday is just nitpicking.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

BamaNation All-American RammerJammer14's Avatar
    My Mood
    Woot on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by MBA_99 View Post
    60%?? Were you near Tuscaloosa or is a Moo in order? The upper student section was sparse because of the well-documented lower-level crowding but other sections were 90-100% full.
    No, they were not. I'd go as far as to say you could have packed the entire stadium into the lower bowl and two decks. But clearly I am an auburn fan for saying so.
    -Why's it us Sergeant? Why us?
    -Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.

-"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
    -"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Alabama "Small" Crowd yesterday

I've created a monster! 90% capacity? Wow! No more alcohol for me that early in the morning.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by RammerJammer14 View Post
    No, they were not. I'd go as far as to say you could have packed the entire stadium into the lower bowl and two decks. But clearly I am an auburn fan for saying so.
    If I recall correctly, filling the lower bowl and 2 decks would amount to at least 80K fans in attendance (or at least 80% capacity).

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I wasn't there, but you people need to show up!

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    There is zero excuse for an Alabama fan to not understand the necessity of the SEC programs taking a break late in the season. Saban has explained it, anyone that is at the game and sees the players in sweatpants should understand it. Give you an exciting match-up? I don't know, may be they'd rather give you a championship instead, but I guess that's just shortsightedness on their part.
    Why can every other conference be playing conference games the next to last week of the regular season but the SEC for the most part does not? The conference schedule last weekend was an absolute joke, and it looks like the fans have now said they aren't willing to support it by not showing up. It would be one thing for this game to be played on say the first Saturday in November, but not the next to last week. It appears its going to end though, as several articles I have read about the SEC and ESPN/CBS contract renegotiations include the networks demanding better late season scheduling from the conference.

My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

Why can every other conference be playing conference games the next to last week of the regular season but the SEC for the most part does not?
    Is that a serious question?

Let me get this straight. Alabama played three straight AP top 15 teams in a row, an extremely rare occurrence for a #1 rated team. But, that's not enough. Nope, we need to make sure there's another conference game right after that because the gauntlet wasn't difficult enough as it was.

Another way of putting it is this. Those other conferences are not the SEC! They have built in cupcakes, because of the conferences they are in. They get plenty of chances to catch their breath. The SEC is brutal, the SEC is on a whole other level. You might as well have asked me why the SEC won the past 6 BCS championships and has a great chance at a 7th. You might as well ask why the SEC has never lost in the BCSCG. The SEC is different in a good way.

BamaNation First Team

Let's be honest, of those three top 15 teams only two were legit. Outside LSU and aTm, Alabama has basically had 10 cupcakes this year.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Let's be honest, of those three top 15 teams only two were legit. Outside LSU and aTm, Alabama has basically had 10 cupcakes this year.
    Let's be honest, LSU and A&M were Bama out. Consistently playing top teams week in and week out will kill a team. When Bama played Michigan, everyone in the nation thought they were going to be a top team. Same goes for Arkansas.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think when you play 8 SEC games there is nothing cup cake about it whoever you play. GA's road has not been so easy. Don't forget we added a game Michigan they were #8 at the time.