Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    BamaNation All-American RammerJammer14's Avatar
    My Mood
    Woot on TideFans.com

Re: Alabama "Small" Crowd yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    If I recall correctly, filling the lower bowl and 2 decks would amount to at least 80K fans in attendance (or at least 80% capacity).
    touche. Although I was thinking 20k for the east and west decks apiece and 10k for the endzones, So optimistically that would be 70k. Regardless, it was nowhere near 90% and I highly doubt it was anywhere near 80%. My personal guesstimate is 65-70k in attendance. And that's all I've got to say about that.
    -Why's it us Sergeant? Why us?
    -Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.

-"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
    -"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by RammerJammer14 View Post
    Please. The student section was just as empty as the rest of the stadium. The whole place was no more than 60% full. Regular seats are assigned though so it doesn't show up as easily. Lets stop blaming the students for every single empty seat in the stadium after every game.
    http://cw.ua.edu/2012/11/29/high-tide-low-turnout/

There were only 5,995 students there. It was 35% full. If the rest of the stadium was that full there would have been less than 30,000 other fans there and that was not the case. The student section has never been more than 80% full, since they expanded to 17,000 tickets, EVER. That is sad.
    Roll Tide

I can understand not wanting to sit in the upper deck. I know people are different, but I just enjoy watching football at home way more than going to the stadium and having a hard time seeing what's going on.

The atmosphere at college football games is great, but I like all the replays and different angles you get when you see the broadcast.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by thefloydian View Post
    I can understand not wanting to sit in the upper deck. I know people are different, but I just enjoy watching football at home way more than going to the stadium and having a hard time seeing what's going on.

The atmosphere at college football games is great, but I like all the replays and different angles you get when you see the broadcast.
    The problem is that there are thousands of people on the TidePride waiting list that want to sit in the upper deck and can't get in.
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

By the way it looked on tv, there was no small crowd at the Iron Bowl.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by We_are_Bama View Post
    By the way it looked on tv, there was no small crowd at the Iron Bowl.
    This thread is from the Western Carolina game.
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by J4Bama View Post
    This thread is from the Western Carolina game.
    I posted a link to the CW article to this thread not realizing a new one had been started. My bad
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American RammerJammer14's Avatar
    My Mood
    Woot on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE24 View Post
    http://cw.ua.edu/2012/11/29/high-tide-low-turnout/

There were only 5,995 students there. It was 35% full. If the rest of the stadium was that full there would have been less than 30,000 other fans there and that was not the case. The student section has never been more than 80% full, since they expanded to 17,000 tickets, EVER. That is sad.
    I never said the student section showing wasn't bad, just that the entire stadium was pretty poor.

Honestly though I didn't include the upper deck section when thinking about the student section. It isn't in the student section as far as I am concerned. And yes, not showing up past 75% for every single game, esp the big ones, is bad. But I am one of the 5,995 and I like my seat thanks.
    -Why's it us Sergeant? Why us?
    -Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.

-"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
    -"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."