Alabama "Small" Crowd yesterday

I know it was WCU but the crowd was very light yesterday. Student section was extremely light. I was upset. Yes we lost to aTm but we had so much to play for. It did get better and then I took my shades off and so all the empty seats. I hope it changes next week, or we may lose. ;)

But seriously, what's wrong with our fans? Was the early kick, the loss, the opponent, or all
Of the above?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I say it was pretty good considering all the factors. It is right before Thanksgiving, when people start buying Christmas gifts (low on funds). It is smack in the middle of two good home games, and it was early. Even if we won the other week, it still wouldn't have been full.

I think the fans did a good job on noise as well. I fully expect it to be loud this coming Saturday. No issue with attendance at all.

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
I was very disappointed with the attendance also. Obviously, we don't take football serious as some like to say. I'm watching the UGA/Ga Southern replay right now and it looks like they have a full house. Not sure what our problem is.

Last edited:

BamaBraz

1st Team
Nov 27, 2002
Monrovia, AL
Only the second game in 15 years I've missed. Both were due to family obligations, first was the birth of my second grandson, this time a visit from my daughter in Virginia.
Roll Tide!

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I posted this on Twitter yesterday, and I'll defend it til the cows come home:

"No fanbase should be judged by its attendance to an early morning, cupcake game the weekend before a major holiday. Auburn included."

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
My daughter is a grad student and she was there, doesn't matter who we are playing or what game time is she hasn't missed a game in her time at the capstone unless she has been out of town...she was raised right! :)

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I shouldn't argue this but I guess I will...

...if you want to blame someone, blame the local Tuscaloosans were didn't bother looking for a scalped ticket. But I don't blame a single fan for not driving an hour or more for a glorified scrimmage the weekend before a major holiday, in a terrible economy, when most students have skipped town (and class), etc. etc.

But Roll Tide, y'all.

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I'm watching the UGA/Ga Southern replay right now and it looks like they have a full house. Not sure what our problem is.
Ga southern is a much better team/program than wcu. Not to mention the in-state school side of it.

Every seat was sold.
Actually I don't think it was. I either read it or heard Eli on the radio say this was the first time a game wasn't sold out in Saban's tenure.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I would have loved to attend the game. However, face value was $55. For me to go, that would be $110 on tickets. Then, I have to add $50 on gas and probably another $50 for food during the entire trip. Not worth spending $200 on a scrimmage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I was there, and am happy to report there were no problems getting out of T-town after the game. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.