Do we seriously count LSU as a rival now?

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
uburn and Tenc are old news/Old Rivalries...

LSU vaulted to the front when we hired Coach Saban. (LSU just wont give it a rest...)
LSU has been a great game for several years now, and they have by default became our #1 Rival.
We are the teams everybody hate.
We have the best & maybe second best coaches.(Sorry 'Freak').
I have one problem with LSU being our #1 Rival.
I don't hate LSU... (Maybe with more time) ;)
Like I say, they consider us as that but I don't think of them much. It's not like I go around all season, saying "what is LSU up to?". I know if we beat them (which we do more times than not), we're moving on to the SEC Championship game. In my mind, that doesn't make them a rival, just recently a decent and quality foe.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I am a Bama graduate, but I live near Baton Rouge now. I can tell you that LSU considers us their chief rival.
There is no team that they want to beat more than Bama. The Bama/Saban hate is thick.
It is right up there with the most intense Alabama/Auburn hate.
And, again, I can go back to the 70s in BR when that hatred for Bama was just as intense...it just didn't get the attention it does in this day and age, due to the media. CNS coming here only made it more intense, but the who fans have always hated Bama passionately.

mswiggins123

Oct 7, 2012
And, again, I can go back to the 70s in BR when that hatred for Bama was just as intense...it just didn't get the attention it does in this day and age, due to the media. CNS coming here only made it more intense, but the who fans have always hated Bama passionately.
You are correct... but really ever SEC team hates Bama and wants them to lose...

BAMA-RULZ

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 13, 2008
This.. The Duck Fans holding the anti BAMA sign during game day, the Nebraska, Texas, Ohio State, Florida all SEC Dog/Dawg fans at work remind me how much they want to not only beat us, but also watch someone else do it. The BAMA hate is deep. Huntsville AL is unique in that there are many different fans here, due to military/Gov Civ /Contractor jobs insourced from all over. I used to enjoy arguing with barner and vile fans, but now I have to argue with all of them. LSU now ranks up there with the rest. How sweet it is! :)

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
With out question. How can it be denied? It's the game of the year between the best two teams in college football.
The winner is ultimately going to play for the national title if they take care of other business.
We still have to beat Auburn and Georgia. It's not a given, at all.
We have to play some football.
sip

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I guess a rivalry is defined differently by each. What if LSU returned to it's historical traditional self of being a solid mid tier SEC team. Would I get up for that as much as I do now? The answer (for me) would be "no". I've always thought a "rivalry" had nothing to do with the records or the situation. It didn't matter if both teams were 1-10, the game was still considered a HUGE game. But honestly, if LSU had been an 7-5/8-4 team for the past ten years would we really feel the same passion about that game as we do the Auburn/Tennessee game? I think for many Bama fans the answer would be "no".

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.