Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BamaNation Scout Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do we seriously count LSU as a rival now?

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    I think it's artificial. They're trying anything to find something to rally around. There's nothing to say CNS wouldn't have gone back to LSU after discovering he didn't care much for the NFL. Even when he was at LSU doing well, I never thought ill of him or LSU. Well, it's ok if they consider us a rival but I just don't think of them that way. They're one of the few programs that are good and usually a trainwreck all at the same time.
    If Saban had gone to say.... Texas or Ohio St, I don't think the hate would be so big. The big sin is that he went to Alabama.
    They try to say that Saban lied to his recruits at LSU and left. Well all coaches do that. Les Miles lied to his recruits at OK St and came to LSU.

Most of the LSU fans do realize that it is Saban that turned LSU into a winning program. Les Miles has done a good job building on that.
    But most LSU fans thinks Les Miles is an idiot... a winning idiot, but an idiot just the same.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    uburn and Tenc are old news/Old Rivalries...

LSU vaulted to the front when we hired Coach Saban. (LSU just wont give it a rest...)
    LSU has been a great game for several years now, and they have by default became our #1 Rival.
    We are the teams everybody hate.
    We have the best & maybe second best coaches.(Sorry 'Freak').
    I have one problem with LSU being our #1 Rival.
    I don't hate LSU... (Maybe with more time)
    Like I say, they consider us as that but I don't think of them much. It's not like I go around all season, saying "what is LSU up to?". I know if we beat them (which we do more times than not), we're moving on to the SEC Championship game. In my mind, that doesn't make them a rival, just recently a decent and quality foe.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by mswiggins123 View Post
    I am a Bama graduate, but I live near Baton Rouge now. I can tell you that LSU considers us their chief rival.
    There is no team that they want to beat more than Bama. The Bama/Saban hate is thick.
    It is right up there with the most intense Alabama/Auburn hate.
    And, again, I can go back to the 70s in BR when that hatred for Bama was just as intense...it just didn't get the attention it does in this day and age, due to the media. CNS coming here only made it more intense, but the who fans have always hated Bama passionately.

BamaNation Scout Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    And, again, I can go back to the 70s in BR when that hatred for Bama was just as intense...it just didn't get the attention it does in this day and age, due to the media. CNS coming here only made it more intense, but the who fans have always hated Bama passionately.
    You are correct... but really ever SEC team hates Bama and wants them to lose...

BamaNation Third Team BAMA-RULZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This.. The Duck Fans holding the anti BAMA sign during game day, the Nebraska, Texas, Ohio State, Florida all SEC Dog/Dawg fans at work remind me how much they want to not only beat us, but also watch someone else do it. The BAMA hate is deep. Huntsville AL is unique in that there are many different fans here, due to military/Gov Civ /Contractor jobs insourced from all over. I used to enjoy arguing with barner and vile fans, but now I have to argue with all of them. LSU now ranks up there with the rest. How sweet it is!

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    With out question. How can it be denied? It's the game of the year between the best two teams in college football.
    The winner is ultimately going to play for the national title if they take care of other business.
    We still have to beat Auburn and Georgia. It's not a given, at all.
    We have to play some football.
    sip

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

I guess a rivalry is defined differently by each. What if LSU returned to it's historical traditional self of being a solid mid tier SEC team. Would I get up for that as much as I do now? The answer (for me) would be "no". I've always thought a "rivalry" had nothing to do with the records or the situation. It didn't matter if both teams were 1-10, the game was still considered a HUGE game. But honestly, if LSU had been an 7-5/8-4 team for the past ten years would we really feel the same passion about that game as we do the Auburn/Tennessee game? I think for many Bama fans the answer would be "no".
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon