Bama #2 in AP, Coach's Poll & BCS!

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
Oregon beating Oregon State won't help them pass over a Florida team that beats an FSU team. However, Florida will not beat Florida State. No way, no how.

If there was a Big12 championship game it would probably propel Kansas State over Oregon. Oh well.

I really think Oregon will end up playing in Miami. I'd say there's a 70% chance.

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
Oregon beating Oregon State won't help them pass over a Florida team that beats an FSU team. However, Florida will not beat Florida State. No way, no how.

If there was a Big12 championship game it would probably propel Kansas State over Oregon. Oh well.

I really think Oregon will end up playing in Miami. I'd say there's a 70% chance.
Why do you think that?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'm not sure if Brad Edwards is taking into account the human political aspect - especially if UGA moves up to to #1.
Perhaps, but the computers HATE Oregon. They have played a very weak schedule. If they beat Oregon State, Oregon State will fall in the computers more than Oregon will rise.

If Stanford loses to allow Oregon into the PAC12 CG, the extra game might be enough - especially since it would mean that they would be playing a 10-2 UCLA team that had just defeated Stanford. It is Oregon's shot at redemption in the eyes of the human voters.

Florida, on the other hand, is loved by the computers. If Notre Dame loses, Florida will be #1 in every computer poll.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

I wouldn't give Oregon a 70% chance of playing in the PAC12CG. And with all that was said last year. UF is the only non-champion, other than ND of course, with a snowball's chance of playing in the BCSNCG.

Last edited:

Timberline Tide

All-American
Jun 9, 2010
Colorado
My wish list for BCS National Championship Game in order or preference:
1. Alabama vs Notre Dame - classic matchup
We owe them one and then some....

My wish list for BCS National Championship Game in order or preference:
2. Alabama vs Florida -
I'd like this matchup just to see the heads explode from non-SEC fans all over the country about an all-SEC championship two years in a row.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.