Bama #2 in AP, Coach's Poll & BCS!

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Re: Bama #2 in Coach's Poll

If ND loses this weekend with a Bama/UF/UGA win, the NCG could very well be SEC champ vs Florida. People would probably sign petitions to have us SECeded from the NCAA.

socalbamafan

1st Team
Aug 14, 2007
Re: Bama #2 in AP and Coach's Poll

Bah... Objectively, based on performance, eye-test, and SOS --without political correctness -- this is what the top 10 should look like:

1. Notre Dame
2. Alabama
3. Oregon
4. Georgia
5. Florida
6. LSU
7. Texas A&M
8. Kansas St
9. South Carolina
10. Florida St
\
no problem with this

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Re: Bama #2 in Coach's Poll

Am I the only one rooting for a Alabama v.s Florida National Championship?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

1 Notre Dame 11-0
2 Alabama 10-1
3 Georgia 10-1
4 Florida 10-1
5 Oregon 10-1
6 Kansas State 10-1
7 LSU 9-2

Looking at this ranking... I see if Georgia Lose in Sec Championship and ND lose, which they will :) I can't help but notice that Oregon plays one more game than Florida, and can possible jump past them.. and play Alabama for NC... This is very likely.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

Can't wait to see all the northerners who do not watch college football (or Indiana, Purdue fans) who will become Notre Dame fans if they beat USC next weekend.

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.

1 Notre Dame 11-0
2 Alabama 10-1
3 Georgia 10-1
4 Florida 10-1
5 Oregon 10-1
6 Kansas State 10-1
7 LSU 9-2

Looking at this ranking... I see if Georgia Lose in Sec Championship and ND lose, which they will :) I can't help but notice that Oregon plays one more game than Florida, and can possible jump past them.. and play Alabama for NC... This is very likely.
Oregon won't be playing one more game than Florida though.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
I don't see Florida beating Florida State. That means Oregon is a USC win away from playing in Miami. If Kansas State beats Texas they won't get enough of a boost to pass over Oregon.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
I don't think the human voters will keep UF ahead of Oregon if ND loses.

It might be better for Oregon to not play in the PAC-12 championship and avoid the chance of a loss. They may need it though, if KSU or FSU wins impressively over Texas or UF.

Last edited:

BornABamaFan

2nd Team
Nov 22, 2011
Brandon,MS
I don't see Florida beating Florida State. That means Oregon is a USC win away from playing in Miami. If Kansas State beats Texas they won't get enough of a boost to pass over Oregon.
I thought so too, until Fisher went on a rant this weekend complaining about his teams ranking. He should have saved that little speech for after and IF he beat the Gators. That may have just been the incentive Fla needed--Advantage Gators...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
According to Brad Edwards, if Florida wins, Oregon will not jump them.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
My wish list for BCS National Championship Game in order or preference:

1. Alabama vs Notre Dame - classic matchup
2. Alabama vs Florida - easier to beat but hey SEC would be guaranteed a win
3. Alabama vs Oregon - if we have to, we can beat Oregon.
4. Alabama vs anyone else - I'll take a win over anyone at this point!
4. Georgia vs Florida - If we don't make it, then at least SEC gets a win
5. Georgia vs Notre Dame - If it's not us and ND makes it in, at least we'll get a 1980 Sugar Bowl re-match and hopefully UGA wins it!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I thought so too, until Fisher went on a rant this weekend complaining about his teams ranking. He should have saved that little speech for after and IF he beat the Gators. That may have just been the incentive Fla needed--Advantage Gators...
You know as far as I'm concerned....I would prefer that no one gives Florida a chance to beat FSU.

We do better that way. :cool2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.