Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation First Team Huckleberry's Avatar
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

Re: Can FSU become a BCSCG contender?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Speed View Post
    . I also have my concerns about the upcoming changes in selecting schools for the championship playoffs, but I also believe the new system wil not survive for long if the system does not place the best teams for those games. It is not a place for political correctness.
    I agree with this, as well. Avoiding the temptation to "level the playing field" by penalizing historically successful teams and conferences may prove difficult for some people. There are those who would love to claim they are bettering the competitive excitement of college football by publically emasculating big names and passing rules or making decisions that give the "little guy a chance." It won't be hard to appeal to those fans who have never or rarely experienced success by telling them that rules need to be passed to prevent the same group of teams from dominating the title process. It should be clear that the process used by any committee appointed to decide playoff participants is based on objective and measureable data. Their job should be finding the best four (or however many) teams, period. We need to be sure they are selecting a Final Four, not a version of March Madness.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

FSU doesn't have a shot unless....

Bama loses to the barn, beats UGA, UF loses to FSU, LSU loses to Arky, yada yada yada.

Not happening.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

If all of the other BCS teams 1-9 stop playing after next weekend AND FSU beats UF, THEN AND ONLY THEN will they have a shot!

say bama wins the next 2 games and we are in..who gets in if notre dame loses next week, fsu beats florida and oregon beats oregon st?

Quote Originally Posted by crimsoncamaro View Post
    say bama wins the next 2 games and we are in..who gets in if notre dame loses next week, fsu beats florida and oregon beats oregon st?
    Good question - the computers hate them both. Would come down to the human voters - and maybe the Stanford/UCLA game (regular season).

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Good question - the computers hate them both. Would come down to the human voters - and maybe the Stanford/UCLA game (regular season).
    kinda thinking that notre dame would still get in even if they lose.

If we beat the Barn and Georgia in the SECCG and Florida beats FSU, is there a chance that Florida can overtake us especially with their Computer Ranking. If they were #3 in the polls and still #2 in the Computer, can they overtake us? If ND were to lose, would Florida be ranked #1 in the Computer?

And what if ND does lose to USCw? Who moves up? Now, I don't think they will lose to USCw esp. since Barkley is not playing. Would it be Bama vs Florida if they beat FSU and we take care of our business?
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

Big A Re: Can FSU become a BCSCG contender?

No. Next question.
    Run Johnny Run

Quote Originally Posted by crimsoncamaro View Post
    kinda thinking that notre dame would still get in even if they lose.
    Not unless every other contender loses after them. Lose last and you are out.

Quote Originally Posted by Al A Bama View Post
    If we beat the Barn and Georgia in the SECCG and Florida beats FSU, is there a chance that Florida can overtake us especially with their Computer Ranking. If they were #3 in the polls and still #2 in the Computer, can they overtake us? If ND were to lose, would Florida be ranked #1 in the Computer?

And what if ND does lose to USCw? Who moves up? Now, I don't think they will lose to USCw esp. since Barkley is not playing. Would it be Bama vs Florida if they beat FSU and we take care of our business?
    No - You have a commanding lead in the human polls, and are the defending BCS champions. You are ranked 3rd in the computer polls. If ND loses, you jump to second. If you beat GA, you might even go to #1 in the computer polls (probably would). You would be ranked higher than Florida. You control your own destiny.

If Bama wins out, UF should not be able to pass us. The computers hate FSU and like UGA, so we would pick up on the computer side. UF would need about 45% of the #2 votes over us. A win over #3 UGA, the team that beat UF, shouldn't allow for UF to jump us in their off week. Human voters would need to hop UF up to 2 THIS upcoming week.

Quote Originally Posted by Al A Bama View Post

if we win out and notre dame loses and florida wins...its bama\florida no doubt. but i am wondering who goes against us(we win out) if notre dame loses, florida loses, oregon wins?