Can FSU become a BCSCG contender?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If we beat the Barn and Georgia in the SECCG and Florida beats FSU, is there a chance that Florida can overtake us especially with their Computer Ranking. If they were #3 in the polls and still #2 in the Computer, can they overtake us? If ND were to lose, would Florida be ranked #1 in the Computer?

And what if ND does lose to USCw? Who moves up? Now, I don't think they will lose to USCw esp. since Barkley is not playing. Would it be Bama vs Florida if they beat FSU and we take care of our business?
No - You have a commanding lead in the human polls, and are the defending BCS champions. You are ranked 3rd in the computer polls. If ND loses, you jump to second. If you beat GA, you might even go to #1 in the computer polls (probably would). You would be ranked higher than Florida. You control your own destiny.

Bamalawdawg

3rd Team
Dec 28, 2011
If Bama wins out, UF should not be able to pass us. The computers hate FSU and like UGA, so we would pick up on the computer side. UF would need about 45% of the #2 votes over us. A win over #3 UGA, the team that beat UF, shouldn't allow for UF to jump us in their off week. Human voters would need to hop UF up to 2 THIS upcoming week.

If we beat the Barn and Georgia in the SECCG and Florida beats FSU, is there a chance that Florida can overtake us especially with their Computer Ranking. If they were #3 in the polls and still #2 in the Computer, can they overtake us? If ND were to lose, would Florida be ranked #1 in the Computer?

And what if ND does lose to USCw? Who moves up? Now, I don't think they will lose to USCw esp. since Barkley is not playing. Would it be Bama vs Florida if they beat FSU and we take care of our business?

crimsoncamaro

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 9, 2010
if we win out and notre dame loses and florida wins...its bama\florida no doubt. but i am wondering who goes against us(we win out) if notre dame loses, florida loses, oregon wins?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.