People on Bleacher Report are not "writers." HTH

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team KentuckianaBFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Writer says Notre Dame would crush Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    I stopped reading when he said ND should "mirror the game plan that Texas A&M laid out in its win over Alabama: Take away Eddie Lacy and T.J Yeldon and force the Tide to beat you through the air."
    If they're going to mirror that game plan, then they're going to have to talk Johnny Football into transferring to the Dome before the NCG...

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by OreBama View Post
    They are not a facsimile by any means. I meant more in spirit that they are an overachieving squad with some great talent mixed in with very average players and everything has gone their way so far.
    That's how I took it. Suggests that ND will only get better. Sadly, I tend to think so...
    ---------------------------------------

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

Robert Frost

BamaNation First Team CrimsonMapper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Writer says Notre Dame would crush Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Squid View Post
    Yea, he is a student at Arizona State. He is also from Hawaii, and his bio page says he finds himself rooting for individual players. I bet he is a big fan of his fellow Hawaiian Manti Te'o.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

i didnt see where he said Notre Dame would crush Bama. I didnt even see where he said they would win the game. Seems to me just opinion based that Bama should be concerned if they do play them. am i missing part of the article or something?

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

I agree with the BR blogger in one respect... I'll be pulling for USCw to knock off ND. But not due to any fear of ND. I'll also be pulling for Florida to take care of business against FSU. And I'll be pulling for UGA and Bama to be 11-1 going into the SECCG. Oh... And for Stanford to beat UCLA (to box Oregon out of the PAC title game) and for UTx to knock off KState.

Annoying (for the rest of the nation) result of all this? Florida goes to the BCSCG and plays the winner of the SECCG - which of course I hope will be Bama.

The machinations put forth by the rest of the nation to try to avoid another all-SEC title game would be epic.

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

You want this kind of stuff out there. It only helps your cause.

BamaNation Scout Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    I stopped reading when he said ND should "mirror the game plan that Texas A&M laid out in its win over Alabama: Take away Eddie Lacy and T.J Yeldon and force the Tide to beat you through the air."
    I don't know what A&M/ Bama game he was at but the one I was at had nothing to do with A&M stopping us from running the ball, we just elected to not run it enough. If we had run the ball more we would probably be still undefeated.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

Writer says Notre Dame would crush Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by OreBama View Post
    If you picked the 2008 team to go undefeated through the regular season and make the Sugar Bowl, I'd like you to pick my Powerball numbers this week.

P.S. Your prediction doesn't count, if you're like me and always pick Bama to win.
    Yeah, then I don't count.

I did pick them in the West but not undefeated. I knew we would run into UF. They were just that good that year. It's been lights out ever since though.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm rooting for USC simply because Notre Dame doesn't deserve to be there. down 2 TD at home in 4Q to non-bowl bound pitt and barely beat purdue/byu/mich/stan at home.

but a Kiffin coached team without Barkley has no prayer. plus we still need to beat georgia...

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm taking the Saban approach. Business-like , nothing said to inspire the opponent,try to get better every play and don't worry about the results. Let's just get to the big dance and HUMBLY ( yet boldly) put our best foot forward.
    I would much rather have our chances than theirs though football is a funny game as evidenced by last night and last week.RTR

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Squid View Post
    This cannot be emphasized enough.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, right. Bring it, Nancy. If my choices are ND, KSU and Oregon, give me the irish twice. PS, I figure I have as much right pontificate about it as this guy on BR. Another flaw to his logic, his leprechauns don't get us the week after we play lsu in baton rouge. They get to give Nick Saban and company a month to get ready. I'm so excited about getting us possibly getting them. Start the year whipping Michigan and ending it beating Notre Dame. Nice.
    Roll Tide