Writer says Notre Dame would crush Alabama (bleacherreport warning)

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Re: Writer says Notre Dame would crush Alabama

That's funny. I think we would dismantle ND. I should go write an article about it. :)

Quicksilver

1st Team
Mar 13, 2010
Ellicott City, MD

Gratitude is the key. If we get to the BCS NC game, be grateful that we earned the chance to play for the title. As for Notre Dame, respect them for their history and their accomplishments, then prepare to beat the fool out of them, then execute!

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR

Oh, my bad, still though, I'm not so sure that we overachieved. I think we were right on schedule.
If you picked the 2008 team to go undefeated through the regular season and make the Sugar Bowl, I'd like you to pick my Powerball numbers this week. :D

P.S. Your prediction doesn't count, if you're like me and always pick Bama to win. ;) :D

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida

Notre Dame is a good team and proved people wrong by navigating their schedule and beating Michigan State, Michigan, Stanford and Oklahoma. They are good but have shown they're beatable just like Alabama, Oregon and Georgia are. They had to squeak by BYU, had an OT win over Stanford and 3OT win over unranked Pitt.

If Alabama vs Notre Dame does happen, I don't see how in the world ND would "crush" Alabama. Alabama will have a month to rest and prepare. We all know what happens (2011 National Title vs LSU) when you give Saban a month to prepare and how well Alabama plays when they're 100%.

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com

I stopped reading when he said ND should "mirror the game plan that Texas A&M laid out in its win over Alabama: Take away Eddie Lacy and T.J Yeldon and force the Tide to beat you through the air." :pDT_box:
If they're going to mirror that game plan, then they're going to have to talk Johnny Football into transferring to the Dome before the NCG...:eek2:

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

They are not a facsimile by any means. I meant more in spirit that they are an overachieving squad with some great talent mixed in with very average players and everything has gone their way so far.
That's how I took it. Suggests that ND will only get better. Sadly, I tend to think so...

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

i didnt see where he said Notre Dame would crush Bama. I didnt even see where he said they would win the game. Seems to me just opinion based that Bama should be concerned if they do play them. am i missing part of the article or something?

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA

I agree with the BR blogger in one respect... I'll be pulling for USCw to knock off ND. But not due to any fear of ND. I'll also be pulling for Florida to take care of business against FSU. And I'll be pulling for UGA and Bama to be 11-1 going into the SECCG. Oh... And for Stanford to beat UCLA (to box Oregon out of the PAC title game) and for UTx to knock off KState.

Annoying (for the rest of the nation) result of all this? Florida goes to the BCSCG and plays the winner of the SECCG - which of course I hope will be Bama.

The machinations put forth by the rest of the nation to try to avoid another all-SEC title game would be epic.
:pDT_old:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

You want this kind of stuff out there. It only helps your cause.

wwbama

Sep 29, 2010
Pensacola, FL

I stopped reading when he said ND should "mirror the game plan that Texas A&M laid out in its win over Alabama: Take away Eddie Lacy and T.J Yeldon and force the Tide to beat you through the air." :pDT_box:
I don't know what A&M/ Bama game he was at but the one I was at had nothing to do with A&M stopping us from running the ball, we just elected to not run it enough. If we had run the ball more we would probably be still undefeated.

Writer says Notre Dame would crush Alabama

If you picked the 2008 team to go undefeated through the regular season and make the Sugar Bowl, I'd like you to pick my Powerball numbers this week. :D

P.S. Your prediction doesn't count, if you're like me and always pick Bama to win. ;) :D
Yeah, then I don't count.

I did pick them in the West but not undefeated. I knew we would run into UF. They were just that good that year. It's been lights out ever since though.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011

I'm rooting for USC simply because Notre Dame doesn't deserve to be there. down 2 TD at home in 4Q to non-bowl bound pitt and barely beat purdue/byu/mich/stan at home.

but a Kiffin coached team without Barkley has no prayer. plus we still need to beat georgia...

dabamafan

2nd Team
May 8, 2002
murfreesboro,tn USA

I'm taking the Saban approach. Business-like , nothing said to inspire the opponent,try to get better every play and don't worry about the results. Let's just get to the big dance and HUMBLY ( yet boldly) put our best foot forward.
I would much rather have our chances than theirs though football is a funny game as evidenced by last night and last week.RTR

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

Yeah, right. Bring it, Nancy. If my choices are ND, KSU and Oregon, give me the irish twice. PS, I figure I have as much right pontificate about it as this guy on BR. Another flaw to his logic, his leprechauns don't get us the week after we play lsu in baton rouge. They get to give Nick Saban and company a month to get ready. I'm so excited about getting us possibly getting them. Start the year whipping Michigan and ending it beating Notre Dame. Nice.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

i think ND is the best matchup for us. they're the kind of offense that our defense should completely shut down and i think our o line would wear out their d line.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.