Writer says Notre Dame would crush Alabama (bleacherreport warning)

rolltide1982

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 19, 2011
Re: Writer says Notre Dame would crush Alabama

pass it to the left. wow this guy is really on something. hey, i guess you gotta have someone out there rooting against you or it just wouldn't be any fun

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.

Nothing against ND, but the writer is talking about the same ND team that squeeked by Purdue, Michigan, Stanford and Pitt this year right?

If ND goes undefeated they certainly derserve to be in the BCSCG. Assuming we make it and I think we will, I like our chances against ND. I like our chances a lot.

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama

Really ! Really! And we are comparing Notre dame defense to Alabama's ! UH ! did this guy look at THE BIG IRISH'S !!!!! OPPONENTS !!!!!! YEA i could be #1 in the nation in scoring defense if i played SLIPPERY ROCK TECH everyweek!

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I am torn between whether I want ND to win against USC or not.

Do we want to annihilate ND or do we want another SEC championship game just to annoy everyone else?

Not looking past the barn and Georgia, but a month to rest up for the domers would be delicious. It would be like a freight train hitting a Yugo.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I should be shocked there is a 4 page thread stemming from a Bleacher Report "article", but sadly, I am not.
You're not the only one not surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Google News is polluted with Bleacher Report Articles and I wish they didn't index them all. They are most often biased written by a homer, which is not bad itself, but the quantity of articles and the way they are indexed with "news" articles has polluted the net and made their writers seem more legitimate than they are.

I am O.K with an undefeated Notre Dame in the championship game, as long as their are no other undefeated eligible teams.

Bama vs. Notre Dame will easily break ratings records. A large part because of Notre Dame, but Alabama will add more viewers than any other team could due to the fan base, being considered the best team the past few years and the SEC fanbase. This is the game that the league would most want imo.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003

I stopped reading when he said ND should "mirror the game plan that Texas A&M laid out in its win over Alabama: Take away Eddie Lacy and T.J Yeldon and force the Tide to beat you through the air." :pDT_box:
Huh.

Guess he missed where they averaged over 6 yards a carry against A&M.

We stopped running because Lacy got a bit hobbled and we were dedicated to the pass, not because of anything A&M did.

TideLegacy

Scout Team
Nov 22, 2005
Dallas, TX

A team that needs 3 OT to beat Pitt, struggles with Boston College and BYU...........

can NOT beat Alabama. Period. Full Stop.

If this is tbe BCS NC game Alabama will be favored and should win by 10+.

Just compare the Bama - Michigan and ND - Michigan games......

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

A team that needs 3 OT to beat Pitt, struggles with Boston College and BYU...........

can NOT beat Alabama. Period. Full Stop.

If this is tbe BCS NC game Alabama will be favored and should win by 10+.

Just compare the Bama - Michigan and ND - Michigan games......
While we're at it, let's compare the Texas-Ole Miss game to the Bama-Ole Miss game. Or what about the LSU-Auburn to Bama-LSU? Or A&M-Bama to Bama-LSU?

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County

It is good psychologically for the Bama team to have the media loving Georgia and Notre Dame. Makes coaching easier for Saban.

Have you ever noticed how Bama plays better when the media casts doubt on them? Remember the SEC title game in 2009--Bama had escaped Auburn with a win--the next week they destroyed the Gators.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

does it matter what a bleacherreport writer says?

If we play them in the BCSNCG, then all the talking will happen right there on the field.

TideLegacy

Scout Team
Nov 22, 2005
Dallas, TX

Yes, RTR91, I understand you can't just compare one game to the next in college football, which is why I mentioned ND games with Pitt, BC, and BYU. I will give ND credit for beating OU at OU, not an easy place to win. Having said that OU is not a great team.

If ND had played the sked of Bama or A&M they'd likely have 3 losses.

If if plays out Bama vs. ND in the NC game I will be shocked if Bama doesn't win by double-digits....

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

Yes, RTR91, I understand you can't just compare one game to the next in college football, which is why I mentioned ND games with Pitt, BC, and BYU. I will give ND credit for beating OU at OU, not an easy place to win. Having said that OU is not a great team.

If ND had played the sked of Bama or A&M they'd likely have 3 losses.

If if plays out Bama vs. ND in the NC game I will be shocked if Bama doesn't win by double-digits....

you have to give them credit for winning 11 games, no matter how they did it. In college football, every saturday is a differentt day.

we also have to beat auburn and Georgia before we even get to that point.

I believe we're a better team, but we'll know for sure once we play them...and Im assuming we win the next two games when i say that...

BamaBoots

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Rocket City

Notre Dame has shafted two teams already to remain undefeated. If we do play them we need to do a thorough background search of the officials in that game. We don't need any I thought I saw pass interference, holding, etc. from their officials. Besides we have to beat aubren before we can think about any of that.:BigA::BigA::BigA:

Last edited:

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County

Notre Dame has shafted two teams already to remain undefeated. If we do play them we need to do a thorough background search of the officials in that game. We don't need any I thought I saw pass interference, holding, etc. from their officials. Besides we have to beat aubren before we can think about any of that.:BigA::BigA::BigA:
So you are saying Bama must win outside the margin of corruption in order to beat Notre Dame; a close game goes to the Irish.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.