Rate non SEC opponents fans.

bama70

3rd Team
Oct 19, 2011
NE Alabama
All of the discussion about a possible UA vs ND championship game has caused me to recall other games I have attended against traditional national powers. I still rate the Ohio State fans at the Sugar Bowl in the mid seventies at the worst (non SEC) fans I have ever been around. The Notre Dame fans at the 73 Sugar Bowl were a distant second.

My own age and conduct may slightly skew my opinion but I would like to get other Bama fans opinions.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Based on personal interactions...

Best outside the SEC:
Michigan
Virginia Tech

Worst:
Utah (the ones I met at the Sugar Bowl were just jerks)
Florida State

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
As with tidefanbeezer, based on personal interaction

Best:
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Penn State

Worst, in no particular order:
Miami
Florida State
UCLA
Texas

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
While I have had some good and bad personal experiences with fans from many schools, I don't consider those personal experiences to be a reflection of the entire fan base represented. My worst experiences have been with Miami fans, but I assume that it was frustration (we beat them in the BCSCG). My best experiences have been with Michigan fans (yeah - that was hard to type).

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Michigan fans were class here in DFW this year

TCU's are great

Texas? Mixed bag

OU? Ok

Texas Tech? Delusional; do not understand football or the rules

CaptainTide

Scout Team
Apr 16, 2011
Mobile, AL
From personal experience.. I don't know.

Best fans I've interacted with have got to be Texas A&M's. (Edit: Oh, didn't notice this was for non-SEC opponents... hmm. Perhaps Ohio State's, at least in my experience.)

Worst, hands down, Oklahoma State.

Not just talking about in regards to Alabama.

Last edited:

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
In my experience:

Best:
Oklahoma (by far)
UCLA

All my bad experiences have been with in-conference fans. All the ND fans I know aren't as delusional as I would expect them to be since it's been so long since they've won anything of significance.

Huckleberry

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Based on personal experience:

Most friendly fans: Penn State - nobody else comes close, which is why I felt a great deal of sympathy for them during the Paterno scandal. When we beat them at Legion Field in 1982, they were extremely friendly before and after the game. You'd have thought they won. It wasn't hard feeling happy for them when their team overcame the loss and won the national championship. This was my experience without fail during the years our teams played on a semi-regular basis.

Runners-up: Georgia Tech, Oklahoma, North Carolina

Most obnoxious and/or strange in a scary way fans: Texas Tech, Ohio State, Texas, Southern Cal, Notre Dame

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
In person?

Best: Oklahoma
Worst: Texas, Oklahoma St (I lived in Oklahoma for a year... LAST year - so you can guess why)

On the net?
Best: Tidefans.com
Worst: Pretty much all of 'em

crtide

1st Team
Jul 19, 2007
Gadsden, AL
Florida State fans in J'ville in 2007 were gratuitously profane and obnoxious. Are they that way all the time? Really a poor reflection.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.