What is the possibility of a split National Title?

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Even if the AP spits the vote, it's completely irrelevant these days. We are currently in the BCS era and that is all that matters. LSU won the BCS Championship in 2003 ergo they won the national championship, period.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Banned from Big Ten Championship Game + Banned from Bowl Game = No split title for Ohio State

Exactly. If they were allowed to play in their championship, I could see it. But not going to any bowl game at all and no conference championship, does not equate to an AP Trophy.

But, I would not be surprised if they were ranked in the top 5 preseason next year.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
Last night I saw an officiating crew in Madison work their stripes off to keep OSU undefeated, and the Big 10 somewhat relevant

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
^^^ THIS is what Delany and his officiating minions are working for this year
That is what you are hanging your hat on - a conference wide officiating conspiracy designed to get one of the B1G team ranked in the top 5 to start the season NEXT YEAR? :conf2:

We still have a big game with Michigan to close out the season, but next year is going to be tough. We lose a lot of talent to graduation and we do not get the benefit of the extra bowl practices. If we are somehow ranked in the top 5 to start the season, it will be hard to stay there - but it will not be because of some great conspiracy.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Just a little better than 2weeks ago Bama was without doubt the #1 team.

I think after we beat ND 35-0 they will be again.

No Split, just like last year.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I simply can't see it happening. AP voters are keeping a number of teams ahead of my Buckeyes - enough to keep them from this scenario. They want to march to the beat of their own drum, but they don't want their trophy to become a complete joke by awarding a team on probation their championship.
they also have a bowl ban and no championship game to play...big hit to their season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.