Link: BAMA close to deal with Colorado state?

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
They don't want to start a series with BYU because the AD thinks it is "too soon for the young Rams team" but they are considering playing BAMA? I guess BYU isn't offering $1 million per game.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
They don't want to start a series with BYU because the AD thinks it is "too soon for the young Rams team" but they are considering playing BAMA? I guess BYU isn't offering $1 million per game.
I can see that. :)

Seriously, though, it depends upon how you look at it. You go to Bama to play a game and you know that A) you'll get a big paycheck and B) no one will expect you to make much of a game out of it, much less win. You go to BYU to play a game and you know that A) you'll get a smaller paycheck and B) some people will expect you to make a game out of it, and some might even expect you to win it.

You play the game and lose big to Bama - no one really notices.
You play the game and lose big to BYU - it could adversely affect the view of your team/program by outsiders, possibly your own fans, and even possibly your own players.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Agreed. With the new playoffs ahead, CSU doesn't bring much to the table.
Beats the heck out of Western Carolina. Bama should NEVER play a 1AA team. There are plenty of Colorado States out there.

I will be so happy to see a 9 game conference schedule that will eliminate one of these type games. Just hope it's a Western Carolina that is eliminated rather than a Western Kentucky or a FAU.

Last edited:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I can see that. :)

Seriously, though, it depends upon how you look at it. You go to Bama to play a game and you know that A) you'll get a big paycheck and B) no one will expect you to make much of a game out of it, much less win. You go to BYU to play a game and you know that A) you'll get a smaller paycheck and B) some people will expect you to make a game out of it, and some might even expect you to win it.

You play the game and lose big to Bama - no one really notices.
You play the game and lose big to BYU - it could adversely affect the view of your team/program by outsiders, possibly your own fans, and even possibly your own players.
I was thinking the same thing but geez--give your team and your coach a *little* credit!

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Beats the heck out of Western Carolina. Bama should NEVER play a 1AA team. There are plenty of Colorado States out there.

I will be so happy to see a 9 game conference schedule that will eliminate one of these type games. Just hope it's a Western Carolina that is eliminated rather than a Western Kentucky or a FAU.
I would agree with you if All conferences had the strength of the SEC. I think Alabama did their part in scheduling Michigan as the first game folks forget they were ranked 8th now we have Va Tech coming up & who knows about them next year.
In the SEC we are just beating the heck out of each other but still have3 teams in the top 5.

Bring on the playoffs the having to hope another team has an upset is tough.

Playing 8 games now in the SEC is tougher to me than what any other conference has to do.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA

If I'm not mistaken wasn't WC a fill-in after someone bailed on us? I don't think we would schedule someone THAT bad unless we were in a bind.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I may be wrong, but I think CSU will get better under Mac. In any event, they are a better team than many of our patsies, as long as they aren't THE out of conference game, it can only help.
I hope the best for Coach Mac. I don't doubt they'll be a pretty decent team offensively....wonder how he'll recruit and run defensively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Apparently, Alabama is close to securing a one-and-done with Notre Dame, as well.

More to follow.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
If I'm not mistaken wasn't WC a fill-in after someone bailed on us? I don't think we would schedule someone THAT bad unless we were in a bind.
Bama has scheduled a 1AA game in 6 of the 11 years that CFB has had a 12 game regular season. They are more than receptive to playing these games.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.