Pick the score: Alabama vs. Auburn

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I also think it will be closer than most think. I liked our chances against Clint Moseley better than a running QB. Wallace throws a pretty nice ball. Their defense still has very talented players on it. Their RB's are good. Our defense has shown glimpses of missing tackles and losing receivers.
I'll say 28-10

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
34-9.

TideMom is right. Covering the spread and making a statement won't be important in this one. Playing in Atlanta the following Saturday night is.

Look for B. Sims and Co. to run, run, run end of 3rd/start of 4th killing clock and saving energy for the 1's.

RTR!!!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I agree with those talking about the 2s being allowed to play aggressively. AU seems so undisciplined on defense and they have never tackled well. The throttle will be left wide open until the game is well out of reach (42-0).

I think Blake and Drake (sounds like a vicious law firm) will be very problematic to an already deflated squad. I fully expect Bama to keep scoring. GA made a statement and I doubt it will go unanswered. Plus CNS does NOT like "these guys".

59-3

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I agree with those talking about the 2s being allowed to play aggressively. AU seems so undisciplined on defense and they have never tackled well. The throttle will be left wide open until the game is well out of reach (42-0).

I think Blake and Drake (sounds like a vicious law firm) will be very problematic to an already deflated squad. I fully expect Bama to keep scoring. GA made a statement and I doubt it will go unanswered. Plus CNS does NOT like "these guys".

59-3
Agreed. Personally I want us to go into the Georgia game with a lot of confidence after it was shaken during the Texas A&M game. If it means scoring 50 + on Auburn, I'm okay with it. Saban has every reason in the world to beat the crap out of them and send Chizik out on a sour note.

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
Crimson tide 49 heartburn 3 As horrible as heartburn is on offense and as strong alabama is on defense,ill even say that heartburn crosses the fifty yard line no more than four times and only gets into alabamas red zone once,hence the three points. I am not saying this just because i hate the war parakeets with a passion they are that bad this year. Just last week we played georgia southern,you guys played them last year. If they were to play auburn, ga southern would anhilate them!! Yep division 2(fcs) ga southern.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Auburn will come out fired up, and they will keep it close.... until the coin toss that is.

I expect a reasonably slow first quarter, but I don't see this game being any closer that 4 touchdowns.

Bama 42 Auburn 10

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I picked 34-6 earlier in the thread, but with news about NCAA interviewing players and coaches lately I don't see how in the world they can be focused on this game.

Even with our twos and threes getting major playing time I could see this getting even uglier.

Friday prediction: 45-3

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Auburn isn't good, but I have seen a few things that I haven't liked about us in recent weeks, too. Therefore, I will pick a closer score than many, but what else is new? I always seem to do that anyway.
Alabama 27
Auburn 10
I pretty much agree. The games against LSU and A&M unearthed some flaws and set forth a blueprint on how to take it to the wire against us. Look for the Barn to run a no huddle attack like A&M and setup mismatches like one of our Safeties or LB's on a Slot Receiver.

I won't be shocked if we come out sleepwalking either being 32 point favorites and everyone patting us on the back again while they will be playing to salvage their season by ruining ours.

I still think we win and turn it on at whatever point we wake up in the game.

Bama 30
Barn 17

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.