Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar

Matt Barkley Out For The Notre Dame Game

Maybe old news by now. I honestly didn't think ND could beat them with Barkley in the line up because I felt
    USC's receivers would eat the Irish's young secondary alive.
    USC will now start a freshman at QB. Looks like Notre Dame will get yet another lucky break which is fine with me
    because I can't think of any team I'd rather play than them should we make it to the BCS Championship Game.

sip

2. Advertisement

Re: Matt Barkley Out For The Notre Dame Game

Alabama played a few teams this year without their starting QB - you play the hand you are dealt. I think that the USC backup QB is supposed to be pretty solid - he just lacks experience. I just wonder if this, combined with their #1 ranking, will diminish ND's commitment this week in practice. If it does, ND could struggle in this game. USC is going to be very motivated after their loss to UCLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    Maybe old news by now. I honestly didn't think ND could beat them with Barkley in the line up because I felt
    USC's receivers would eat the Irish's young secondary alive.
    USC will now start a freshman at QB. Looks like Notre Dame will get yet another lucky break which is fine with me
    because I can't think of any team I'd rather play than them should we make it to the BCS Championship Game.

sip
    Wait, wait, wait...

I thought everyone was talking about US backing into the title game?
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

BamaNation First Team Alajambama's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Alabama played a few teams this year without their starting QB - you play the hand you are dealt. I think that the USC backup QB is supposed to be pretty solid - he just lacks experience. I just wonder if this, combined with their #1 ranking, will diminish ND's commitment this week in practice. If it does, ND could struggle in this game. USC is going to be very motivated after their loss to UCLA.
    I just can't see a Lane Kiffin coached team being motivated at all. A team takes on the personna of their coach, and Lane is a spoiled little rich kid that thinks he is entitled to the world. I was pulling for Lane to win out just to help Bama, but that does not factor into anything now. So I hope ND beats them, so when the Tide beats ND maybe it will shut the mouths of the talking heads that have hyped up the Irish all year.
    The best thing to ever come out of Tennessee...I-65 heading south.

Notre Dame would be the easiest team to beat if we get the job done. Plus it would be huge in ratings. I hope they beat them. No way anyone jumps us with two more victories, and if we lose, it wouldn't matter either. Two teams will survive with 1 loss.

Notre Dame would be a great team to play for the championship, the most rewarding victory.

The pieces are all coming together...... Bama, Notre Dame, the crystal football....

BamaNation Second Team

I hate to see any player hurt, but I really hope Notre Dame beats USC. Alabama and Notre Dame in the BCS game--how awesome would that be? Of course we still have to get past AU and GA first.....

I like the idea of a BCS matchup with Notre Dame. I also like our chances, but I'm afraid they won't be quite the pushover we all hope. Brian Kelly seems to have his stuff together... reminds me a lot of Saban in the way he does things. .... OK, fire away

BamaNation All-American Crimson Speed's Avatar

I can't see USC winning this. Love to see us get another shot at ND. I still remember 1973 and it is time to set that record straight. Over the years, we have played ND six times and lost five of them. A championship game with Bama and ND would be great. But, we have business to take care of before that can happen.

Barkley was bad about turnovers. If the backup can toss it up to Woods and Lee then they may be better off than with Barkley throwing INTs left and right. I think USC has a very good chance to win the game.

Any word on the line? I'm guessing ND is still only a -4 favorite or so.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Personally, I'd rather play... and obliterate... Notre Dame.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

I guess I'm one of the few hoping ND wins out now...would love to see Bama win a NC championship against an undefeated ND in Miami.