Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame exiledNms's Avatar

Re: Matt Barkley Out For The Notre Dame Game

See, I'm not as noble as most of y'all. I never want notre dame to win any game against anybody. I reject the "good for college football" meme entirely. I hope notre dame goes 0-12 every year; I've enjoyed their recent years of football quite a bit. While I don't like USC at all (speaking of annually overrated...), I hope the freshman QB throws for 600 yards & they crush the irish. But if--as I expect--the irish win, then I hope we take care of business in three more games, the last one vs. them.

Now, back to Auburn...
    exiled

-------------------------
    "Let's see when we get a full body of work at the end of the season. If you get satisfied and you fall in love with yourself, you get complacent and lose your desire."
    Nick Saban

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    Maybe old news by now. I honestly didn't think ND could beat them with Barkley in the line up because I felt
    USC's receivers would eat the Irish's young secondary alive.
    USC will now start a freshman at QB. Looks like Notre Dame will get yet another lucky break which is fine with me
    because I can't think of any team I'd rather play than them should we make it to the BCS Championship Game.

sip
    For the first time in my life this Saturday I'm going to be pulling hard for the Irish. Almost feel dirty to even admit it, but about 4 or 5 weeks ago I started thinking about how great a Bama/ND BCSNCG would be.

We've got to take care of business and win two important games, but the possibility of it happening is very, very likely now.

This game would be epic! Huge! It would be more ginormous than Bama/Texas! It would be the dream matchup for those who love the traditional powers!

My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

I'm no N.D. hater but......

This is a team that went to 3 O.T.'s to defeat Pittsburgh and arguably was also helped by the officiating to win that game.

Add to this a U.S.C. squad with nothing to lose to play all out and upset the #1 undefeated team in the country.

Their freshman QB who is filling in for Barkley is Max Wittek at 6' 4" 235 lbs. and has a record of 8/9 for 95 yds. 1 TD and 0 int. He's played in 2 games this season...Colorado and UCLA where he went 3 for 3 for 40 yds. He lacks experience but has decent credentials so I'm not sure the QB issue is as huge as it may seem on the surface.

For me....this game could go either way - I really believe U.S.C. could beat N.D. even without Barkley.

Lastly....IMHO, Bama's toughest opponent going forward will be the Dawgs in the SECCG. If they get past them...no one will beat them.

We'll know more after next weekend but for now those are my thoughts on U.S.C. vs. N.D.

Would love to play ND for the crystal trophy.
    Can you imagine the TV ratings for that game?
    Plus it would be a great match up for us to win, they'd be hard pressed to score 10 points on us.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

USCw may be without their starting QB, but the cupboard ain't exactly bare either.
    Likely a lot of teams wish they had the USCw #2 QB, much as they would like to have our #2.
    I expect USCw won't have to simplify their Offense too much when they play #2 QB...

USCw biggest problems may be Lane Kiffen and daddy...
    (USCw thought they were buying more than what they got, with the Kiffens...)

That said I expect ND to use up the last of their 'Luck of the Irish' this week...
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; November 19th, 2012 at 02:09 PM. Reason: additional text

My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

Wittek was one of the highest rated QB's in last year's recruiting class.

He is big....and has an arm like a cannon.

The Trojans have 2 highly talented receivers and a top-notch running back.

This game will come down to a battle of U.S.C. offense against N.D. defense.

Don't sell the frosh Q.B. short (npi)!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Kiffin has been silent about injuries all year but decides to announce this injury a week before the game? Wouldn't shock me to see Barkley play. Easily could be an attempt by Kiffin to make ND prepare for the running game (protect young QB) and then constantly throw with Barkley.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

I have watched Barkley play in a few games and I have not been impressed at all. Maybe I am missing something but if our starting QB had 15 interceptions this year....we would be begging for the back up to come in. I don't care who wins but I think USC may have a better or at least equal chance of winning without Barkley.