Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American banjeaux's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

What to make of Malzahn in Mobile, today. Hmm ...

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/11/guz_malzahn_to_speak_to_new_ho.html#incart_river_d efault
    Gus Malzahn to speak to New Horizons Credit Union 1st and 10 Club today

MOBILE, Alabama - Arkansas State football coach Gus Malzahn, who served three seasons as Auburn's offensive coordinator, will be the guest speaker today for the
    New Horizons Credit Union 1st and 10 Club meeting at Heron Lakes Country Club. The meeting starts at 5:30 p.m.
    Oh, Susanna. Oh, don't you cry for me, for I come from Alabama with a banjeaux on my knee. G'wan to Louisiana my true love for to see.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: What to make of Malzaln in Mobile, today. Hmm ...

Do you think he wants to get back into that mess at API?

Why does anyone go back? Tubbs? Cheese? Almost BP? Never understood it?

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Though we can't totally rule it out, because we know anything can happen. I highly doubt he goes to awbrin. I'd rather have a cactus enema than coach there.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-American banjeaux's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    Though we can't totally rule it out, because we know anything can happen. I highly doubt he goes to awbrin. I'd rather have a cactus enema than coach there.
    Cactus enema? What's that like? Tell us about it.
    Oh, Susanna. Oh, don't you cry for me, for I come from Alabama with a banjeaux on my knee. G'wan to Louisiana my true love for to see.

BamaNation All-American 1FitToBeTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Like Buzz says, anything is possible in this day and age, but I noticed they have had other coaches/former coaches in as speakers on their schedule. Wouldn't read too much into it. Gus would go to 10RC, I believe, before signing on with the U. of Auburn. He knows the climate for head coaches down there is not healthy. But who knows....

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither." C.S Lewis

BamaNation Second Team timmer0911's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    Do you think he wants to get back into that mess at API?

Why does anyone go back? Tubbs? Cheese? Almost BP? Never understood it?
    Well, if you could go from 850,000 to over 2 mil, would you do it?? Jus sayin??? Money will make people do crazy things!!!

BamaNation All-American Crimson Speed's Avatar

I'm too focused on that cactus enema to give Malzain any thought.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: What to make of Malzahn in Mobile, today. Hmm ...

Maybe he's like John L and thinks he's in Arkansas?

What to make of Malzaln in Mobile, today. Hmm ...

Quote Originally Posted by timmer0911 View Post
    Well, if you could go from 850,000 to over 2 mil, would you do it?? Jus sayin??? Money will make people do crazy things!!!
    He took a pretty substantial pay cut when he left the barn. Money talks, and he could en up there again, but I doubt it....
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation All-American

They'd have to solder Kristi's mouth shut before it would ever happen. Or, they'd have to add her to the Lifetime Hush Fund payroll.

BamaNation All-American Crimson Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BocaLance View Post
    They'd have to solder Kristi's mouth shut before it would ever happen. Or, they'd have to add her to the Lifetime Hush Fund payroll.
    She does like to spout off. The more I think about it, the barn may give Cheezit another year before making any moves. Good coaches are hard to find and great coaches are not going there. After all, there are at least three other SEC schools shopping for coaches right now; competition for good leaders is tight. it would be nice to see them hang on with him for a couple more years.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I wouldn't read that much into it. These speaking deals are typically scheduled months in advance. Doing speaking engagements like this create publicity that will help recruiting in a very fertile region, raising the profile of his current program, and raise his own profile.
    Defense STILL wins championships. RTR!!!

Betcha y'all all a quarter right now ....

Given the success Texas A&M and, to a lesser extent, Mississippi had against us ....

Given that Auburn still has so many "skill" (I know, with that record, how skilled
    can they be?) players better suited for a spread attack ...

Given the success Malzahn is having in his first head gig ...

Given that the biggest hurdle may be figuring out a way that everyone can live with Mrs. Malzahn ...

I believe there's more than a puncher's chance that Gus will be the guy.

Friend of mine with AU connections says that keeping the defensive coordinator is the priority in all of this, but that he doesn't want to be be head coach but will have great say in who is.

Sure, guessing with Auburn's collective psychosis is the farthest thing from an exact science, but the stars may be aligning for Gus like never before.
    Last edited by CrimsonEyeshade; November 19th, 2012 at 12:16 PM.