Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Re: What to make of Malzaln in Mobile, today. Hmm ...

It's a sign....
    RIP Hub

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RobK View Post
    I wouldn't read that much into it. These speaking deals are typically scheduled months in advance. Doing speaking engagements like this create publicity that will help recruiting in a very fertile region, raising the profile of his current program, and raise his own profile.
    Totally agree.
    RTR

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Don't know who the new guy might be, but the sentiment over on ITAT is that most Barners think it was a mistake to change offensive philosophy. I wouldn't be surprised if the new guy is a spread/HUNH type guy.

It probably would be better for their program because there is no way they are going to be able to go head to head with CNS and "beat him at his own game."

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RobK View Post
    I wouldn't read that much into it. These speaking deals are typically scheduled months in advance. Doing speaking engagements like this create publicity that will help recruiting in a very fertile region, raising the profile of his current program, and raise his own profile.
    I believe Auburn will keep Chiz at least one more for a few reason's, one being there are too many vacancies this year.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by timmer0911 View Post
    Well, if you could go from 850,000 to over 2 mil, would you do it?? Jus sayin??? Money will make people do crazy things!!!
    Thanks for the reply but do you really think its all about the money?

I mean you know that they understand the deal, that Dye & his bunch still runs things & that you can't pick your asst coaches either. That your every move is spied upon.

You may be right it may be just pure greed or the belief that they can change anything.

But history has shown that the Head football coach is just an employee.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Couple of thoughts...Malzahn inherited a talented team at AS, I believe they went 10-3 in 2011. They are giving up, on D this year, 27.7 ppg (granted,Oregon and Nebraska skewed the numbers a bit), so I'm not convinced of his abilities on that side of the ball. I hope he goes to the barn...his offense didn't beat Bama in 10, Scam did (with fortuitous help from their defense).
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation Second Team timmer0911's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    Thanks for the reply but do you really think its all about the money?

I mean you know that they understand the deal, that Dye & his bunch still runs things & that you can't pick your asst coaches either. That your every move is spied upon.

You may be right it may be just pure greed or the belief that they can change anything.

But history has shown that the Head football coach is just an employee.
    I'm not going to say it's ALL about the money, but he would be stepping into a program with a lot of talent, a program he knows, and would be probably doubling or tripling his salary. Plus, if he has any kind of success, he can vault his career. Look at Kiffin.....he took a job at a train wreck and then stepped into one of college football's premiere jobs!!
    I'm not saying it's all about the money, but it IS about his career. If you have a chance to go to an SEC program from Arky State, you prob have to take it. If he has a choice between Arkansas and Awbarn, well now you make your decision based on other conditions, but if the Barn is his only choice, I think he goes. Just my opinion!!

BamaNation All-American banjeaux's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Malzahn 'hurting' for Auburn, but focused on Arkansas State

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2..._river_default

MOBILE, Alabama -- Gus Malzahn is running his own football program now at Arkansas State. But that doesn't mean he's oblivious to what has happened atAuburn since he left the Plains.

Malzahn spent the previous three seasons as the Tigers' offensive coordinator, including Auburn's undefeated 2010 campaign. This year, the Tigers head into the Iron Bowl with a 3-8 record.

"I'm very close to a lot of the players and some of the coaches," Malzahn said on Monday night, "and I just wish them nothing but the best and, hopefully, they can finish this thing."

Later, he said, "I'm hurting for them."
    Oh, Susanna. Oh, don't you cry for me, for I come from Alabama with a banjeaux on my knee. G'wan to Louisiana my true love for to see.

BamaNation All-American BAMA1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEyeshade View Post
    Betcha y'all all a quarter right now ....

Given the success Texas A&M and, to a lesser extent, Mississippi had against us ....

Given that Auburn still has so many "skill" (I know, with that record, how skilled
    can they be?) players better suited for a spread attack ...

Given the success Malzahn is having in his first head gig ...

Given that the biggest hurdle may be figuring out a way that everyone can live with Mrs. Malzahn ...

I believe there's more than a puncher's chance that Gus will be the guy.

Friend of mine with AU connections says that keeping the defensive coordinator is the priority in all of this, but that he doesn't want to be be head coach but will have great say in who is.

Sure, guessing with Auburn's collective psychosis is the farthest thing from an exact science, but the stars may be aligning for Gus like never before.
    That's the best news I've heard in years...probably the funniest news, as well.

BamaNation All-American BAMA1979's Avatar

I wouldn't take anything from Malzahn being in Mobile yesterday. There are college football coaches speaking at various events in Mobile every week of the college football season.

The group that Malzahn was speaking to is tied in with the GoDaddy.com Bowl and Arkansas State is the leading candidate to represent the Sun Belt Conference in that bowl game this year. Malzahn, Barry Alvarez, Ron Zook, Ellis Johnson, Howard Schnellenberger, Joey Jones, Bobby Bowden, etc. have spoken to that group this year.

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

What color was the tie he was wearing? This would be very telling.
    RIP Hub

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rizolltizide View Post
    What color was the tie he was wearing? This would be very telling.
    Navy. He's going to Ole Miss after Hugh Freeze takes Chizik's job.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American

The record will show that the guy with the funny mustache has done an excellent job everywhere he's been. Georgia's defense fell off the end of the earth after he stopped coaching it. If he stays at Auburn, he'll turn that defense around.