BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: How do we Stack Up Against Georgia

Black Out Part 2

My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

To be honest, I haven't seen them play all year. Their qb is pretty good from what I hear but other than that...???

News|BB|FB|Rec Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

They have as much, or near as much, talent on their team as we do. Their lines are physical and they have speed at the skill positions. Murray can light it up when he is on.

It will be interesting to see if UGA wants to try to run it on us or push the passing game on us. I think we can get away with playing nickel more against UGA than we did against LSU, just because they have speed at RB and not the bulldozers LSU has.

We will have to know where Jones is on the field defensively at all times.

All of that said, they have Richt.....and they usually underwhelm on the big stage.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJeff's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think we match up well. UGA is loaded with talent and is very capable of winning it all. But the Dawgs can be terribly undisciplined. Not just off the field as they always have players suspended before the start of the season, but on the field as well. It wouldn't surprise me if they have over 100 yards in penalties when we play them.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Georgia is a team that will look like a championship team one week then get blown out the next. So who knows which team will show up. But no matter what team shows up. The Alabama coaching staff can count on with almost a guarantee that offensive coordinator Mike Bobo will implement a high pace, no huddle type offense against our defense. Until we stop it, other teams will run it.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Defensively they have more talent than we do, at least at the top. We may have more talent if you go 22 deep on defense, but I'd say defensively we're equal on talent. Talent does not win ball games.

Offensively they're pretty good. They've lost some WRs, but they have a lot of depth there. Once again, they're in our ballpark talent wise, though we're a bit more talented at just about every position.

Here's the thing - they have Mark Richt coaching them and Aaron Murray at QB. Richt got his win against a good team out of the way this year. Murray is leading the nation in passing efficiency, but that's against garbage teams.

Here's Murray overall - 28 TDs, 7 INTs. He piles up numbers against crap teams. Against Buffalo, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Auburn and Georgia Southern he's got 18 TDs and no INTs. Against Florida and South Carolina he's got 1 TD and 4 INTs.

If Saban coached Georgia against a Richt coached Alabama I'd pick UGA by double digits. Since it's the other way around I think Bama would win by double digits.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamachile's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It could be the LSU game all over again, or the Michigan game. A lot depends on Murray, IMO. If he's on, our secondary is pressured and their running game gets uncorked. If Murray can't deliver, their entire offense becomes very manageable for our defense. You could probably say the same about A.J. on our side of the ball, but I believe we have better run options.

I'm certainly not taking it for granted, however. LSU thought this was 2007, and Noder Dang thinks it's 1973. UGA is sure to try to channel their inner 1980 team, or at least their 1976 squad. This one could be tough.
    “Louisiana is a fresh-air mental asylum.”
    ― James Lee Burke, Pegasus Descending

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJeff View Post
    I think we match up well. UGA is loaded with talent and is very capable of winning it all. But the Dawgs can be terribly undisciplined. Not just off the field as they always have players suspended before the start of the season, but on the field as well. It wouldn't surprise me if they have over 100 yards in penalties when we play them.
    yeah, they were getting very chippy against Ga So. past weekend. also, they are very much a momentum team and if you get them frustrated, they will lose their mo quickly
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

They have really struggled in games where they can't run the ball...USC and UGA. It will be imperative for our defensive line to control their run game and for us to get pressure on Murray. Murray is short and tends to crumble under pressure.

I think in many ways they are similar to us and I expect it to be a close game. I hope our defense can find the answers to what LSU and TXAM did to us or it could be a long day.

Georgia is very good. They have the talent to run and throw effectively. Bama will have to play a complete and intense game to win.
    Bama 871-314-44 72.6% On the field

23 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

BamaNation All-SEC bamagradinATL's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I was listening to Sports Radio here in Atlanta this morning (680 I think). The topic of Murray came up and one of the knocks on him is that he doesn't play great against elite defenses. In the USCe game he was 11/31 for 109 yds and 1 INT. Against Florida he was 12/24 for 150 yds, 1 TD & 3 INT. We will see how he does against our D.

BamaNation First Team

Georgia will be tough to beat and it will be a close game. Murray is good enough to take advantage of our secondary and make the plays when they have to. This game will come down to our offense. Can we put up enough points to win? I believe we do.