Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: How do we Stack Up Against Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by bamagradinATL View Post
    I was listening to Sports Radio here in Atlanta this morning (680 I think). The topic of Murray came up and one of the knocks on him is that he doesn't play great against elite defenses. In the USCe game he was 11/31 for 109 yds and 1 INT. Against Florida he was 12/24 for 150 yds, 1 TD & 3 INT. We will see how he does against our D.
    i heard the same thing about a guy named mettenburger before we played him.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan54 View Post
    Georgia will be tough to beat and it will be a close game. Murray is good enough to take advantage of our secondary and make the plays when they have to. This game will come down to our offense. Can we put up enough points to win? I believe we do.
    we need to go out and run the ball down their throats AFTER we beat auburn.

BamaNation First Team yesitsmed23's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Murray is very mistake prone as several have posted in this thread. He doesn't impress me as a QB, I don't get what people see in him? Not only is he mistake prone, his best WR and 1 other WR are done for the year, the white guy? and Marlon Brown? I see it close early, but we win big in the end.....as long as we cram the football down their throats with Lacy and Yeldon

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

How do we Stack Up Against Georgia

They will be uptempo to try to match what aTm did. That's the thing with doing what another team did against Alabama. I remember a team doing something similar last season, and crossed the 50 twice one going and one coming. (I know it was just once but they crossed it going backwards too, give them credit)
    ROLL TIDE!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    i heard the same thing about a guy named mettenburger before we played him.
    Metty was due to break out. That's how I feel about it.
    ROLL TIDE!

Georgia has a ton of talented players, but few outside of Jarvis Jones have lived up to expectations. Their freshmen runninbacks are very good but have struggled more in the second half of the season. One thing I think we might see is Murray running some. If you think he is strictly a pocket passer, then you are wrong. He can hurt you with his legs, not like Manziel can, but he is very athletic.

I just can't see their offensive line blocking us well enough to establish the run. If they do, we're in trouble.

If we keep it one dimensional, we put the onus on Murray and he's shown an inclination to panic. When he panics, he starts throwing high and wildly. It's happened enough in big games that I believe it's just part of his nature.

That said, they have extreme talent at the skill positions -- particularly on defense. We can't let Jones or Ogletree or Rambo beat us. We need to "Boise them" by effectively mixing up the run and throw. Too many 3rd and 8's and A.J. could become the next logo on the Georgia Dome turf.

I hope the Dawgs look for some extra motivation by pulling out those black jerseys again!

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    They will be uptempo to try to match what aTm did. That's the thing with doing what another team did against Alabama. I remember a team doing something similar last season, and crossed the 50 twice one going and one coming. (I know it was just once but they crossed it going backwards too, give them credit)
    yeah, it didn't work well for LSU last year. it amazes me that folks think that a team (especially one coached by Bobo) can completely re-do their offensive philosophy to take advantage of what some other team "exposed" in us. i hope they do try to do what aTm did. first of all it will get them away from their "strengths", and with their undisciplined nature, will likely lead to a lot of miscues and penalties.

they also have to deal with Tech this week, they will likely win, but tech can score a lot of points and they will have to hustle to deal with them.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    yeah, it didn't work well for LSU last year. it amazes me that folks think that a team (especially one coached by Bobo) can completely re-do their offensive philosophy to take advantage of what some other team "exposed" in us. i hope they do try to do what aTm did. first of all it will get them away from their "strengths", and with their undisciplined nature, will likely lead to a lot of miscues and penalties.

they also have to deal with Tech this week, they will likely win, but tech can score a lot of points and they will have to hustle to deal with them.
    They can't look ahead, you're right!
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide1224 View Post
    I hope our defense can find the answers to what LSU and TXAM did to us or it could be a long day.
    You could say what they did in less words than that. Do you know?

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    You could say what they did in less words than that. Do you know?
    I have no idea what this means. If you're asking what they did against us the main problems were the inability to get off the field on third down and the inability to create turnovers. This was combined with the exact opposite out of our offense.

Suspended

Mark Schlabach is picking Georgia, currently.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls