Question: How do we Stack Up Against Georgia

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
They will be uptempo to try to match what aTm did. That's the thing with doing what another team did against Alabama. I remember a team doing something similar last season, and crossed the 50 twice one going and one coming. (I know it was just once but they crossed it going backwards too, give them credit)
yeah, it didn't work well for LSU last year. it amazes me that folks think that a team (especially one coached by Bobo) can completely re-do their offensive philosophy to take advantage of what some other team "exposed" in us. i hope they do try to do what aTm did. first of all it will get them away from their "strengths", and with their undisciplined nature, will likely lead to a lot of miscues and penalties.

they also have to deal with Tech this week, they will likely win, but tech can score a lot of points and they will have to hustle to deal with them.

yeah, it didn't work well for LSU last year. it amazes me that folks think that a team (especially one coached by Bobo) can completely re-do their offensive philosophy to take advantage of what some other team "exposed" in us. i hope they do try to do what aTm did. first of all it will get them away from their "strengths", and with their undisciplined nature, will likely lead to a lot of miscues and penalties.

they also have to deal with Tech this week, they will likely win, but tech can score a lot of points and they will have to hustle to deal with them.
They can't look ahead, you're right!

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
You could say what they did in less words than that. Do you know?
I have no idea what this means. If you're asking what they did against us the main problems were the inability to get off the field on third down and the inability to create turnovers. This was combined with the exact opposite out of our offense.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Murray is very mistake prone as several have posted in this thread. He doesn't impress me as a QB, I don't get what people see in him? Not only is he mistake prone, his best WR and 1 other WR are done for the year, the white guy? and Marlon Brown? I see it close early, but we win big in the end.....as long as we cram the football down their throats with Lacy and Yeldon
THE White guy? :rolleyes:

efd840

1st Team
Nov 23, 2009
They have really struggled in games where they can't run the ball...USC and UGA. It will be imperative for our defensive line to control their run game and for us to get pressure on Murray. Murray is short and tends to crumble under pressure.

I think in many ways they are similar to us and I expect it to be a close game. I hope our defense can find the answers to what LSU and TXAM did to us or it could be a long day.
If Alabama's pressure is as ineffective against UGA as it was agains LSU and TA&M, Georgia will win easily.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
As others have said Georgia has equal talent to us and if Murray is on we will have a fight to the end. The big thing I see for Bama is to get AJ on. The 3 and outs to start the game and then the third quarter 3 and outs lull we have had against LSU and A&M will make it tough and probably spell doom especially if Murray cranks it up. Got to control the clock and make first downs to keep Murray on the sidelines. He could have a bad day if our defense can get lots of pressure on him but if not, the best way to slow them down will be with our sustained offensive drives for scores.

We have to take shots down the field in the passing game to keep them honest but if they are able to stop our run game I don't see us winning. Its going to be who brings their A game, us or them. But first things first, beat the tar out of Auburn!!! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I've watched several Ga. games and agree that Murray tends to panic when pressured.
We need someone in Murray's back pocket the whole game...
When hurried, his throws do tend to be for 7' receivers... We need to put pressure on Murray.

Unlike a lot of people, I think it was Alabama that beat Alabama when we played TAMU.
We under performed in so many ways.
If we had continued to run the ball I think we would be undefeated.

I do look for Ga. to stack the box and try to stop our running game.
I do look for Ga. to try to play a quick up-tempo Offense...
I just don't think they can pull it off the whole game.

If we play our game, It's on to the BCS Championship...

Last edited:

ga tide man #9

Scout Team
Jan 16, 2003
trion ga.
I heard an interview with coach Ward from U.S.C., and he said that the only adjustments they made was to flex the defensive ends out. The scouting report was that the young Georgia running backs were making most of their yardage kicking it out wide. He said that they were not prepared and didn't find the running lanes inside.

Neverending

Suspended
Nov 19, 2011
We stack up well against any team in the country. The problem comes in when we don't do what's necessary to win: No turnovers, running the ball, making the opposing QB uncomfortable, etc.

Are our secondary issues going to be fixed? Can we pressure the QB? Can we take care of the football? Can we be productive on offense? If we take care of those things then we got this. (after we take care of Auburn)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.