Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American We_are_Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

jonsol: Miami announces self-imposed postseason ban again. Georgia Tech to play FSU

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...aight-bowl-ban

Has a program ever self imposed two seasons in a row?
    Last edited by We_are_Bama; November 19th, 2012 at 09:01 AM.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: jonsol: Miami announces self-imposed postseason ban again. Georgia Tech to play F

Quote Originally Posted by We_are_Bama View Post

Has one ever needed to? Documented proof of hookers, agents and cash... Seems like a good idea to skip a beating by your rival now for a chance to rebuild.
    I am a part of The Process.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: jonsol: Miami announces self-imposed postseason ban again. Georgia Tech to play F

Sucks for FSU because if they beat Florida they'll get no boost out of beating a 6-6 GT team.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by We_are_Bama View Post

SMU kinda sorta did when they voluntarily canceled the remainder of their 1988 season.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

We have heard a lot but I think there is a LOT more we don't know may be doing EVERYTING they can to stop DP although I think it will never be used again but the make you wish you were dead penalty coming.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

jonsol: Miami announces self-imposed postseason ban again. Georgia Tech to play FSU

They're begging to not get hammered, but I suspect it's too little, too late...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

They have little fan support right now; post season is not a big deal, although forfeiting chance for Acc title is the meat they are throwing at the Ncaa to satiate the hunger pains to devour the program with penalties.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tolerant on TideFans.com

It's good news bad news for GT. You get to be the division champs and play in the ACCCG, but if you lose to both UGA and FSU, you are 6-7 and not bowl-eligible after all (as you would have been at 6-6).

Jerry Palm says that the waiver that UCLA got last year to play in a bowl at 6-7 no longer exists. The Jackets' main hope is that there aren't 70 bowl eligible teams, in which 7 loss teams can get in, based on APR. He predicts that GT, Rice and Wake Forest will thus get in at 6-7, 5-7, and 5-7.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
    It's good news bad news for GT. You get to be the division champs and play in the ACCCG, but if you lose to both UGA and FSU, you are 6-7 and not bowl-eligible after all (as you would have been at 6-6).

Jerry Palm says that the waiver that UCLA got last year to play in a bowl at 6-7 no longer exists.
    The waiver doesn't exist because it is no longer necessary. The NCAA updated it's bowl eligibility rules for 2012 and it specifically covers losers of conference championship games that were bowl eligible going in.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...wins-5-7-teams

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tolerant on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAtlanta View Post
    The waiver doesn't exist because it is no longer necessary. The NCAA updated it's bowl eligibility rules for 2012 and it specifically covers losers of conference championship games that were bowl eligible going in.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...wins-5-7-teams
    I remember when we use to sweat out bowl eligibility.

So here's the pecking order.

1. 6-6 (with at least 5 wins against FBS schools)
    2. 6-6 (with 2 wins against FCS schools)
    3. 6-7 (with loss in conference championship game)
    4. 6-7 (played 13 games like when you play Hawaii)
    5. FCS teams moving to FBS with a 6-6 record or better
    6. 5-7 and top five APR

CBS projects going all the way to the last category to grab Wake Forest and Rice, because they only predict 67 qualifiers for 70 slots. But if three five-win teams pull upset, GT's bubble could burst, using the basketball language.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Hah hah @ The "U"
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    We have heard a lot but I think there is a LOT more we don't know may be doing EVERYTING they can to stop DP although I think it will never be used again but the make you wish you were dead penalty coming.
    The Penn State president said they were on the verge of getting the death penalty had they not agreed on the terms from the NCAA.
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Miami made a smart move by taking a second year of penalty. If might starve off the NCAA wolves.
    The NCAA is busy now with the trash fires at Auburn,Tennessee, Arkansas and North Carolina.
    Who knows what skeletons will fall out of those closets as coaches & assistants vacate jobs this year?

Burning Question: Will 'Bought' coaches stay 'Bought' after they are fired?
    Only time will tell.