Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

BCS Title Scenarios

You will suffer through one of two things in life, either the pain of discipline or the pain of disappointment - Nick Saban

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: BCS Title Scenarios

Focus of the Tide
    Luck of the Irish

We see them in Miami

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Wink Re: BCS Title Scenarios

Mayans vs. (San Diego State) Aztecs?

BamaNation Second Team

i think there is no way oregon is getting back in...hearing if usc beats nd, fsu beats florida, nd would still get in over oregon. think ksu with win over texas would get in over oregon too.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

If ND loses to Southern Cal and Alabama loses to Georgia, and UF beats FSU then you will have the BCS's, ESPN's and college football fans everywhere worst nightmare; an all SEC NCC game and a rematch no less of the UGA vs UF game.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

I say there's a good chance that both Notre Dame and Florida lose, meaning its SEC v Oregon.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by JIB View Post
    I say there's a good chance that both Notre Dame and Florida lose, meaning its SEC v Oregon.
    I don't see USC beating ND with a backup QB and that horrendous defense. I think Matt Barkeley gave them a chance to win a shootout, but I don't know if the backup can do that. Brian Kelly is also a much better coach than Lame. I may be wrong, but I don't see it.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Oregon is like us last year. Their one loss took them out of the conference championship game. They will need more pieces to fall than Bama did in 2011.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JIB View Post
    I agree, Florida is really smoke and mirrors and USC may be without Barkley but Max Wittek isn't some slouch. Plus, USC has not 1 but 2 1000 yard rushers on that team and in my opinion the best player in CFB in Marqise Lee.
    You will suffer through one of two things in life, either the pain of discipline or the pain of disappointment - Nick Saban

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Oregon is like us last year. Their one loss took them out of the conference championship game. They will need more pieces to fall than Bama did in 2011.
    This year is NOT the 2011 scenario. Last year, the entire country knew that Bama & LSU were the best two teams, bar none. The only reason Bama didn't make the SEC CG was because the best two teams happened to be in the same division of the same conference.

Oregon's loss was NOT to the "other" best team in the country. Unless Oregon winds up in the PAC-12 CG and wins, they will not make it into the BCS CG.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by UAME View Post
    This year is NOT the 2011 scenario. Last year, the entire country knew that Bama & LSU were the best two teams, bar none. The only reason Bama didn't make the SEC CG was because the best two teams happened to be in the same division of the same conference.

Oregon's loss was NOT to the "other" best team in the country. Unless Oregon winds up in the PAC-12 CG and wins, they will not make it into the BCS CG.
    My comment about Oregon being like 2011 Alabama dealt with their conference championship hopes. I never said, nor insinuated, they were the best team in the nation.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    If ND loses to Southern Cal and Alabama loses to Georgia, and UF beats FSU then you will have the BCS's, ESPN's and college football fans everywhere worst nightmare; an all SEC NCC game and a rematch no less of the UGA vs UF game.
    Please... no cocktail party in Miami.
    I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games. - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

Oregon does not need to win the Pac12 to get to Miami. All they need is : a win over Oregon State, an FSU win and a USC win. Each of those is probable in my opinion. Of ucla beats Stanford then Oregon also gets to play on the Pac12 championship, which is nice but not something they need.